In need of APN reset??

SubsidedProdigy

Reaction score
So I need some help! To make a long story short my droid razr hasn't wanted to connect to 3G/4G lately (I know another one of these issues), but I've been able to connect to data pretty well before. I've had to factory reset the phone before to fix the problem and it's worked fine, but one night it just stopped working. I'm guessing due to my messing with multiple battery savers and apn apps. Oops. Once I noticed I wasn't getting a consistent connection I reset the phone, but still no data connection.

I googled 'apn reset android' but I couldn't find anything quite useful

Am I missing something? Is there something else to try maybe call verizon to reset it ota?

-Long time reader, first time poster

chrisf8657

Reaction score
That's exactly why your having issues if I had to bet - Battery savers and APN apps can screw it up good.
How or why, I have no idea.

Try this:

https://market.android.com/details?...2xhLmFuZHJvaWQucmVzdG9yZWFwbi5kcm9pZHJhenIiXQ..

It's directly from Motorola:
Are you experiencing 4G LTE data connectivity issues on your Motorola Droid RAZR phone? This app may help. If you have experienced these issues after running some battery saver market apps, you can restore your phone’s data connectivity settings using this app.

If that doesn't work, you're going to need to do a Master Reset again.

Last edited:
OP
S

SubsidedProdigy

Reaction score
Tried it and so far it's worked better than expected. It tends to stay more on 3G than 4G in a location where I'm sure there's good 4G but oh well at least it's something for now until I receive the new update.

chrisf8657

Reaction score
I'm glad, but It's not meant to be a "fix-all". You need to do a Master Reset if it doesn't work to your satisfaction. In the future, don't play with all those battery apps - they screw up things for some reason...

Hope u like ur RAZR outside of that tho...

HAPPY SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!

Any other q's let me know.

Chris

Last edited: