Problem when Headphones Plugged In

mthorn79

Reaction score
I just noticed this, usually if I'm listening to music all day & get a call I'll just leave my headphones plugged in so I don't have to smudge up my screen when I talk. Well the wife called & started talking & all I heard was "hello? hello?"...hungup (thought it was maybe the call), called in again same problem she couldn't hear me talking. So I thought to unplug the headphones & try it, sure enough, she could hear me fine after that.

Every phone I've used I've been able to keep my earbuds in while I talk on the phone.

Anyone else experience this?

kerrdj

Reaction score
it may be the headphones. i had 1 set of headphones that my phone apparently thought had a wired mic even though it didnt. i switched headphones and everything worked fine

bleeds

Reaction score
No it happened to me as well. With the D1 and DX I can leave it plugged in to AUX jack in my truck and the call audio goes over the radio. I just talk and they hear me like I am holding it my face. but this morning I tried the same thing on TBolt, and they could not hear me. Unlpug and they could. So there is either a setting or a bug.,.
Thanks.>
Bleeds

roosterbrews

Reaction score
Yea being able to just switch from music to talk was nice on the d1 so far the bolt does not do it but i'm hoping the next update takes care of it.

OP
mthorn79

mthorn79

Reaction score
Ok well, glad it's not just mine...and yes, I hope an update does fix it.

I hear they're sending an OTA sometime this week.

joewilly013

Reaction score
It could be an HTC issue, I had the same issue on my HTC Eris (i just assumed it was normal). Hopefully they will provide a fix though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

cnmsales

Reaction score
Im going to BET money it has something to do with the FM tuner, since it uses your headphones as an antenna.

soundfreak06

Reaction score
complain

Call or email HTC and bring it to their attention, they told me that they intended for the phone to do that and if you ask me it's a stupid design and should be fixed. The rep also said that it may or may not be fixed by the 2.3 update...

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Hate to hijack this possibly but ever since my son used my wife's TB with headphones for music, it will randomly not have the mic active for calls likes its on mute for some reason.

Any tips on how to correct?

johnny9i6

Reaction score
The tbolt has a few bugs and HTC will be fixing it with the new 2.3 update coming out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

tycedeano

Reaction score
I agree, not being able to use the phone when it's plugged into the car stereo is unacceptable. If they don't fix it before the Bionic comes out, I'll be upgrading again. At least Moto knows how to program features in their phones that we want/need.

dark juggalo

Reaction score
I agree, not being able to use the phone when it's plugged into the car stereo is unacceptable. If they don't fix it before the Bionic comes out, I'll be upgrading again. At least Moto knows how to program features in their phones that we want/need.

Agreed....its a nesessity if your using a car dock