unplug headphones = no sound?

OP
K

krobi26

Reaction score
Icelover, those two services do appear to be running before I unplug the headphones. The problem occurs even with the music player's playback activity on screen though.

By the way guys, I've already switched to the "official" thread and made a few posts there.

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
Never had this problem before with headphones, persay, but I have with AUX cables (which use the same jack and all, so it's probably the same issue). I find a battery pull to work, normal shutdown is innaffective. The odd thing for me has been that applications with sound still play their sounds fine but video replaying and other stock/system functions do not.

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
well, mine is plugging into my car stereo, only a stereo jack, no mic.

when I get a call and this is goign on, I have to switch to a headset with a mic to get it to work.

Don't really see how it could be a 'hardware' issue, at least on the headset side. There is just 2 possible states, plugged or unplugged, seems like the phone isn't detecting this properly.

so when you are listening to music can you.... answer the call while still connected (audio out through your speakers) and hit the 'speaker' button and talk that way? this is how i use it when I get a call and I've got music playing. i'm just curious.

When the phone is plugged into the aux port on my car, and in car dock, if a phone call comes through, it stops pandora, media player, or any other audible apps (expect GPS) and automatically goes to speaker phone (no need to hit the speaker phone button). Scared the **** out of me the first tmie because I wasnt' expecting it and it was loud as hell.

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
This is pointless, we have 2 threads going for the same exact problem

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...cial-thread-no-sound-after-headphone-use.html

Other thread ^^

Guess what, this thread was started before that one, and you are kinda acting like a self important dick.

rofl I'm glad someone else noticed that.

Yeah, I mean, dude comes, posts no good information, complains about being a 'billion threads' on the subject already, then turns around, and creates... ANOTHER. and then has the balls to come back in here and post a link to his later thread, hence the 'self important' aspect. Ohh well, this is really starting to cost me some important calls, probably have to stop use of the headphone jack altogether until there is a fix.

Xerozix

Reaction score
Oh ok. So I'm a self important dick because I felt it would be better to have an "official" thread. You obviously don't know the aspects of an online community.

dualsub2006

Reaction score
@Xerozix "official" threads come from forum owners or company representatives. I am sure that you knew that given your deep understanding of online communities and all.

To the topic, this happens to me when I use my XM Inno buds but not when I use my iPod buds. The difference is that my iPod earbuds click when I plug them in to the jack. The XM don't click in to place.

Xerozix

Reaction score
Unfortunately your understanding of official topics are off not like mine. An official thread in the definition that I have learned is a thread which is meant to converge all of the other threads out there.

dualsub2006

Reaction score
There was one (1) other thread when you started yours. 1.

Smacks of self importance to me but you do what makes you feel good sport.