Privacy/security issue! SMS messages go to unintended recipients

droider4life

Reaction score
Any of you have the.....It wasnt a contact with home selected for a mobile number? I was sending messages to my girlfriend Lisa by responding to her thread and because my contact for my husband is listed J I Love Him so he would pull up first in my J's he was getting the message and walking up to me at the kids ballgames asking if I had gone crazy....then showing me the message I sent him for her thread....Until I corrected Lisas contact with the drop down word mobile instead of home for her cellphone contact entry.
I went through all of my contacts a long time ago to make sure these were all correct. It was causing some issues for me when i first got my droid. Mine are all: mobile is mobile, home is home.

OP
O

ot-adam

Reaction score
onmyway - my son's contact was labeled "work," so I did change it to mobile. I would hate to think that that's the problem! I have over 400 contacts that were transferred from previous phone... I hate to have to go through all of them one by one!

warrior21

Reaction score
No problem, I hope someone is able to figure out the issue

Sent from my Droid

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Yep...took me roughly three days....suggest you start with your frequent contacts and when your idle just go through the rest. I do not think I posted a post about my initial issue because I was not a member of the forum yet. I was rather proud I remembered the issue.......a friend moved from the droid to an iphone...he had love hate issues receiving messages from my droid but looking back I think said friend Ralph figured it was his sides problem with programming. Seiously, no text issues..a freaky new duplicate letter whine right now...a couple other email login preferences.....brag droid...brag droid...brag.