Preparing for The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Cool and thanks BD! Quick question can I load this over UD8 or is it best to wipe firts?

Thanks again for all the work you put into this. dancedroid

WIPE WIPE WIPE. lol

The rom has been completely rewritten from the ground up. lol

UNC

Reaction score
i always just go into sp recovery and do a advanced nandroid backup of just data and then clear data n cache install rom and instantly do a advanced nandroid restore of the data backup i have just done......its been working so far..

What, exactly, does this restore?

Apps? Accounts? Log-in info? Bluetooth pairings etc.?

If apps, where does it put them?

Thanks.

Doesn't backing up data to gmail save all your android settings (wifi, bluetooth passwords, contacts, etc)? It does for me, as soon as I install a new rom and enter my gmail info it brings it all back. I think the option is under [location] or whatever.

dmauldin74

Reaction score
DE or UD? Word on the street is that there will soon be DE for UD! Soon you won't have to choose! And by on the street, I mean in the UD shoutbox from BD himself...

I am ready! dancedroid

Troops2990

Reaction score
Screen shots anybody?? I need something to hold me over till i get off work and can try it out :)

D

dazedabyss

Kool one from cakes this is her trick for data.flash Go make an advanced nandroid backup of DATA ONLY and name it data only. wipe data clear cache 3 times, flash 1.0.0, restore your data only backup. many other ways to do apps

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, to confirm.
1. Reboot into recovery and make a backup of data only.
2. Wipe like a madman
3. Install 1.0.0
4. Install my data backup
5. Reboot

Once that is done, will everything be back? Text messages, Handcent settings, Bluetooth pairings, game data, playlists, LauncherPro shortcuts and settings etc..?

I want to try UD 1.0.0 but really, if it means losing all that, I'll just stick with UD 8.0

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
Kool one from cakes this is her trick for data.flash Go make an advanced nandroid backup of DATA ONLY and name it data only. wipe data clear cache 3 times, flash 1.0.0, restore your data only backup. many other ways to do apps

Can I do this from Clockwork or do I need to use SPR?

wingdo

Reaction score
Cool and thanks BD! Quick question can I load this over UD8 or is it best to wipe firts?

Thanks again for all the work you put into this. dancedroid

WIPE WIPE WIPE. lol

The rom has been completely rewritten from the ground up. lol

Is the WIPE WIPE WIPE needed if testing out from a CM nightly? I'm wanting to try this out but don't have time today to rebuild from scratch.

wingdo

Reaction score

Isn't restoring /data about the same as not wiping it in the first place?

D

dazedabyss

no, i just tried it for the first time and it worked like a charm, your only restoring the data you put in, not the system, cache etc. from a cm nightly yea you would have to wipe.

wingdo

Reaction score

no, i just tried it for the first time and it worked like a charm, your only restoring the data you put in, not the system, cache etc. from a cm nightly yea you would have to wipe.

I am not positive I agree on this. Using SPR you wipe /data and /cache. If you then just restore /data ............ what is the difference? /system etc get cleared during any ROM flash.

D

dazedabyss

i tried flashing the rom without a wipe, needless to say nogood. i flashed my ud 8 backup.did a backup of data only, wipe wipe wipe,flashed ud 1.0.0, booted, no settings of mine on the phone, recovery, advanced nandroid restore, data file, data only,reboot all my settings walah. thats all i can tell you it worked for me, and cakes wouldnt lie