UD 1.0.0 without losing my info question

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade to the new hotness from 8.0

I realize I need to wipe my phone clear 1st. However, using ANY method possible, is there (with directions) a way to restore my data once up and running?

By data I mean, game saves, bluetooth pairings, launcherpro shortcuts and settings, playlists, etc.. I want my phone to be like it is now except running 1.0.0 I guess.

Incase it's needed, I have no apps on my SD card. They are all internal.

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Titanium Backup.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for Titanium.

That being said, I've never had luck upgrading anything and restoring data. It always causes problems for me, so I just stopped trying. Yeah, it sucked, but I got it down to a science, and can put my phone back to the way it was in less than an hour.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Titanium Backup.

What am I doing with TB? A batch backup of what? After I wipe, do I let the market reinstall everything and then restore? Or do I not let the market do anything?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 for Titanium.

That being said, I've never had luck upgrading anything and restoring data. It always causes problems for me, so I just stopped trying. Yeah, it sucked, but I got it down to a science, and can put my phone back to the way it was in less than an hour.

This has been my issue as well so I'm not too keen on upgrading to 1.0.0

It has to be possible though :)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There should be an option to backup all user apps + data....and no, the market doesn't reinstall everything, titanium backup does.

altimax98

Reaction score
use titanium backup and backup everything.. apps + system data... after you wipe and install 1.0 use titaium backup and batch restore apps + system data.. then on the checkboxes, uncheck anything that isnt a user installed app and not green... so make sure the only boxes checked are the green ones and your user apps.

after you reboot all your wifi, blueooth and texts and stuff will be all back

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
if your on ud 8, go into ud menu and you can do a data backup in there i believe. then can restore in 1.0.0 the backup you made.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can do that. Quick question though, if I goto the market to get TB installed again, it's going to go nuts and start installing everything. Is that ok? So when I get TB back and goto restore, it's just going to overwrite anything that's there anyway right?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if your on ud 8, go into ud menu and you can do a data backup in there i believe. then can restore in 1.0.0 the backup you made.

That seems to easy. :) Life is not supposed to be that simple.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1. Sync your market (turn on auto sync and wait 10 minutes)
2. Install UD 10
3. Let the market auto download your apps
4. Boot into recovery, wipe data, reinstall UD 10, it won't auto download.

You are way better off just redownloading your apps, it will give you too much trouble if you try to restore.

alonsou

Reaction score
Last night when I flashed UD 1.0.0 coming from UD 8.0 I backed up everything using mybackup pro, apps+data and system data (call log,sms,mms,system settings,alarm,dictionary,music playlist etc ) it was way faster than using TB and my phone its just like it was yesterday but with the all the good stuff from 1.0.0

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1. Sync your market (turn on auto sync and wait 10 minutes)
2. Install UD 10
3. Let the market auto download your apps
4. Boot into recovery, wipe data, reinstall UD 10, it won't auto download.

You are way better off just redownloading your apps, it will give you too much trouble if you try to restore.

That's my issue though. I want to restore. I have way too much going on on my phone to start over. I need to be able to restore my data once I'm up and running.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What data specifically? Game data?

jrod1990

Reaction score
In the past I've done a full nandroid B/U, wiped x3 installed ROM then went back and did a nandroid restore of data only and been fine. Only issue I have noticed so far is that if you have a theme installed it MAY copy some of that over to the new ROM.

Last edited: