PREINSTALLED MUSIC PLAYER HACK!! Its HAUNTING ME!!

RayMeddings

Reaction score
Ok guys.. my d@MN pre-installed music player keeps coming on randomly!! Its so annoying! Im trying to trace back why.. is it G-Tunes?? I force close it... and the ****er pops back on!! I swear its a virus... run virus software.. NOTHING! Help please!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
R

RayMeddings

Reaction score
Man... you got me all excited thinking that was the answer lol... but unfortunately.. it wasn't..
I went to settings/apps/manage/music/.. then brick wall.. its the program music... it keeps haunting me.. I can't use an app without it automatically playing music!!! I use advanced app killer... then force close... then 5 secs later it plays again!!! Damn that's annoying

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Check your settings to see if you have music to autoplay if you plug in headphones.

OP
R

RayMeddings

Reaction score
Oh snap! Were do I see that setting?? Because it only comes on when my headphones are plugged in..!! U my hero!!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Probably under your new music player app, not the stock one. I don't know since I rarely use blur's music player (adjustable eq is a must). I had issues with every music player other than stock if that option was on. Though on cyanogenmod, use of an alternate music player becomes a moot point, which eliminates this issue.

tbever

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I had to freeze the music app in Titanium, it just coming on all the freaking time when I plugged in the headphones jack. I think my headphone jack is going bad anyway on my OG droid.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You just reminded me, my D2's headphone jack is already dying, almost dead. If I flip the phone so much as 45 degrees, sound starts cutting out. Time to hope I get a nice refurb I guess...

OP
R

RayMeddings

Reaction score
HM didn't see that option...
I use Gtunes

kingsway8605

Reaction score
It is blur. It is horribly coded. Just freeze the stock music app.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
R

RayMeddings

Reaction score
Everytime I force close the stock music player... BAM! Comes on again.... what other ways to freeze it??

Byakushiki

Reaction score
AntTek App Manager will do that. Do be wary it can crash once in a while though. It is free though.

OP
R

RayMeddings

Reaction score
I D/L AnTek I go to the Music file... ans BAM.. another wall.. wont let me freeze it..
HELP!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Last resort then: Get root explorer (or any other app that will let you modify system level files) and go under system/app. Find music.apk and add this extension to the end: .bak. Music.apk should now be Music.apk.bak, rendering it useless.

OP
R

RayMeddings

Reaction score
All the root programs cost $_$ anyone know a good free one?
Thanks alto for ur patients guys..