Buggy Default Music player

guitarluvr213

Reaction score
To start off, Ill say im on my 2nd replacement droid 2 because of this issue. The default media player will play a song, goes for about 2 min into the song (long after the screen times out) and comes to a stop. Ill open the player and the song goes back to the beginning, still paused. I tried using Slacker radio as a backup player and it does the same thing. Havent found this issue with Youtube, seeing how the screen is on. Same goes wit the media player, if the screen is on, it wont stop. Its not on my auto-end list either. My first replacement phone went for almost 8-9mths without any issues and then it started up with it. Slowly that phone just deteriorated all around with a bad earpiece going out, programs constantly force closing and just an overall lag in running. Im now on my 2nd replacement, had it for all of 3 days and its already having the problem. My music is like number 1 to me on my phone. I use the music player more than anything else on here, seeing how the radio these days is nothing but commericials. ANY help would be great. Im not a pro with these phones, so im not familiar with all the techy talk with gingerbreads, etc. And the phone is not rooted. Ive also done battery pulls and that doesnt help either. I figured factory resets wouldnt do much since I technically have this phone from scratch anyhow. Not to mention, Im afraid of doing the factory reset and then Im not connected to Verizons network lol. Please help me out!!! Thanks:icon_ banana:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do not have a native task manager app. Could you be more specific?

Well, I don't have a Droid 2, but I thought it had the native Task Manager app. It's not in your App Drawer? Oh, well, guess I was no help.

Wait, I remember someone else had a similar issue with music stopping at about two minutes and it had to do with either wifi turning off two minutes after the screen was turned off or something like that. I know those two should not be connected, but I'm pretty sure that was the case on that guy's phone. Check any settings turns things off at two minutes or refreshes at two minutes. There's an interference somewhere.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.