Music playback goes silent

DracoZaroff

Reaction score
I used my D1 to listen to music all the time with Poweramp.
For some reason when I try to listen to music on my D3 it will work for a while and then at a random time just go silent. The display shows that the music is still going but there is no audio.
I've tried starting up the stock music app, removing the audio jack, and switching tracks but nothing seems to make it work again.
On a few rare occasions it will come back on it's own but only for a minute or two.
I have two things left to try before I am at a lost. I will try force closing the music player, and after that I will try rebooting.
This issue seems a bit too flaky to be hardware related so I'm hoping it is a fixable software thing.
Anyone else having this issue?

Rogziel

Reaction score
I been having the same problem, I emailed poweramp, and yet to receive a response. I figured when I got the DROID 3 a lot of the app's will be buggy. Pretty much for the soul reason that D3 runs 2.3.4.

Last edited:

aramos87

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with the stock music app, when it first happened I thought it couldve been because I had my music stored on an SD card. So I moved it from my SD card to my internal storage, and it seems to be doing the same thing (just cutting out after awhile on its own, showing that its still playing but being paused at the very beginning of the song), which is extremely irritating because I use my phone for music while I'm at work constantly.

Any one know of a fix??

[email protected]

Reaction score
Same problem with ringtones

I have been experiencing the same problem with my downloaded ringtones. They will play fine a few times and then will stop and the phone will only vibrate. If I reboot the phone by powering off and then on, it fixes it, but it seems to be happening more and more often. Anyone know a way to fix this?

doctorunk22

Reaction score
I had the same problem, then i realized that I have the music app on auto end list, so it kills off the app after 2 min when the screen times out.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Music App

I don't tend to use the music app. Does it play automatically with ringtones and stuff? I took it off the auto kill list, so we'll see if it makes a difference. Thank you.

i4mt3hwin

Reaction score
I get the same problem, except my music player isn't in the auto-kill list, so I have no idea why it's happening. I also have all kinds of issues with the Google Music Integration and music playback in general.

When I make music available offline through Google Music on the Music 3.0 player, it only becomes available when I have Wifi enabled, other than that it the songs won't show up in my list. I mean, I sit there and watch them download to my phone, turn off Wifi and they disappear from the list. Can't navigate to them either with a file manager.

Sometimes when an Alert goes off in my phone, it cuts playback to play the alert, then resumes playback, but the sound never comes back through the headphones.

I've also got a problem with music just randomly deleting itself off my SD card. It happens an album at a time, and goes through like 4-5 albums a week. It only happens to music and I've got the same problem on the two 32GB SDHC cards I own.

Overall this phone has been an absolute horrendous experience for me. Sometimes I regret not buying an iphone.