D3 and Music?

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I have the X2 and yesterday was the first time I've run into the music players stopping in the middle of my play lists or even a song.
It just stops and I do Not have the music player in my auto end list.

I'm wondering if the D3 is having this issue.

Is it something gingerbread corrects that it might be worth hanging onto my x2 for or should I try to exchange for the d3 because d3 is not doing this at all.

Today is my last day on the 14 day period and this is the only issue I've had.
I've been able to side load PDANet no issue.
Music doesn't pop, it's just stopping.
Only one or two random reboots I think were caused by an update.

Though from reading this board it seems many are having the same other issues as many X2 owners with random reboots and dropped signals.
I've been lucky on that front.

I'm just frustrated with the music players stopping in the middle of songs.

Thanks!

km75

Reaction score
I've had my d3 since Friday and I haven't had a problem with the stock music player. Not one random reboot either. I have pdanet and easy tether loaded on my phone as well and they both work fine. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

KidCuda

Reaction score
My music stuttered a little bit when I turned off airplane mode and it tried switching between wifi and 3G, but I was using Google Music, not the built in program. Just to let ya know.

OP
G

grnidkjun

Reaction score
Thanks guys.. I'm playing with it again today.. I've moved some songs to the local phone storage, turned off my background data and have reset my screen timeout to 10 minutes instead of 2 to see if that helps any.

So far I've gotten through two songs and it's starting a third.
We'll see how far it gets.

I'm not a heavy on listening to music on my phone, however, there are days I want to be able to.

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with direct playing of files on my SD cards. I use PowerAmp (for gapless playback.)

I had had pauses while driving and using Zumocast due to the signal losing strength and needing to buffer. Otherwise Zumocast has been awesome and deserves greater recognition than it is getting around here.

OP
G

grnidkjun

Reaction score
One thing I'm finding is it does have to do with my screen timing out.
So after the screen goes to lock about two minutes later the players stop playing even though they are not in my auto end list.

everstar80

Reaction score
The audio in general has been the best of any device I've owned. Its crisp no lag or problems thus far and clear and it doesn't have that crackling sound like someone is frying bacon in the background of each song like the droid2global, still love bacon though.

OP
G

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I really think it is hit or miss on if you get a device with issues or not.
After I did the factory reset on mine it started hiccuping elsewhere as well. So I just switched to the d3 knowing if it has issues I'll just have to keep exchanging for two years.

rushmore

Reaction score
The DX2 has audio pops even when not multitasking, but the D3 is pop and distortion free using a basic 32gb card loaded with 24gb of tunes. I can web browse and even play games with zero pops.

DracoZaroff

Reaction score
I have an issue with playing music on my D3 as well. I use poweramp and from time to time the music will go silent but the player continues to show that the music is playing. I've tried stoping and starting the app, unplugging the audio cable, switching tracks, even tried using the stock music player. Nothing works. I havn't taken the time to do a reboot but I think after that it would work again for a while.

wkearney99

Reaction score
I have an issue with playing music on my D3 as well. I use poweramp and from time to time the music will go silent but the player continues to show that the music is playing.
When it happens, try playing some other sound. If those work then it's unlikely to be a hardware problem. But if all sound goes dead I'd wonder about the hardware itself.

DracoZaroff

Reaction score
If I recall it did make the sound when I changed the ringer volume but I'm not sure. I normally listen to it in the car so as you can imagine I was a bit preoccupied to troubleshoot the problem.
I'll let you know next time it does it.

DracoZaroff

Reaction score
Audio on other apps (I tested the Youtube app during the problem) is working fine.
Killing the PowerAmp process fixed the problem but who knows for how long.
I've already sent an email to the developer about the problem and I'm hoping to hear back eventually.