Weird music player bug

kerbero9

Reaction score
First off I want to say kudos to the dev for this ROM! This is the first ROM to address both of my main issues with froyo.. flaky wifi and aac decoding. Thanks!

So this morning I was listening to some tunes in Rdio (awsome app btw). When I was finished, I paused the song I was listening to and pulled the headphone plug out the jack. As soon as i did that, an mp3 from my SD card started playing from the stock music player. That's nothing new..its happened to me before. The weird part was that the now playing icon wasn't showing on the notification bar. I figured I would open up the music app and pause it .. but nothing. When I opened the music app it did not show anything playing. I then opened up my task manager and killed the music task. The mp3 stopped but then it started right back up again and spawned another task! Everytime I killed the task it would start back up again. I eventually just rebooted the phone.

Anyone ever see something like this before? It hasn't happened since but I felt like my phone was possessed :icon_evil:

Thanks!

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First off I want to say kudos to the dev for this ROM! This is the first ROM to address both of my main issues with froyo.. flaky wifi and aac decoding. Thanks!

So this morning I was listening to some tunes in Rdio (awsome app btw). When I was finished, I paused the song I was listening to and pulled the headphone plug out the jack. As soon as i did that, an mp3 from my SD card started playing from the stock music player. That's nothing new..its happened to me before. The weird part was that the now playing icon wasn't showing on the notification bar. I figured I would open up the music app and pause it .. but nothing. When I opened the music app it did not show anything playing. I then opened up my task manager and killed the music task. The music stopped but then it started right back up again and spawned another task! Everytime I killed the task it would start back up again. I eventually just rebooted the phone.

Anyone ever see something like this before? It hasn't happened since but I felt like my phone was possessed :icon_evil:

Thanks!
This exact same thing happened to me just the other day! Never happened before. For me, it actually happened twice. Once when I disconnected my audio cable from my head unit in my car while playing Pandora and the other while actually playing the stock music player.
Ditto on the icon not showing up and when I tried to kill the task, same result as you. Only a reboot cleared it.
I thought it was a fluke occurance, but I'm glad someone else (unfortunately) experienced it as well.
It started playing some random song on my sd card...from some random spot in the track.
I was thinkng to myself, "Uhhh, I wasn't listening to that song...how the hell did THAT start playing?!?!"

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
if you can reliably reproduce the bug, please try to capture it with a logcat and post the bug along with the logcat at our bug tracker.

the bugtracker is located at Bugzilla Main Page

i have a feeling this is tied in with the multi-threading headache that has been plaguing the music skipping using the volume rocker.

if the bug persists and you cannot get a logcat of it, please post the bug up anyway with the procedure of how to reproduce the bug so that we can test and try to nail down the cause.

kevdog

Reaction score
I wonder if the stock music player is removed and the alternate player is used if this still happens.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if you can reliably reproduce the bug, please try to capture it with a logcat and post the bug along with the logcat at our bug tracker.

the bugtracker is located at Bugzilla Main Page

i have a feeling this is tied in with the multi-threading headache that has been plaguing the music skipping using the volume rocker.

if the bug persists and you cannot get a logcat of it, please post the bug up anyway with the procedure of how to reproduce the bug so that we can test and try to nail down the cause.
Captured a logcat just a few minutes ago with some pertinent info in it regarding the bug.
I will send it to the bugzilla page.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I can verify the same thing happens to me every time I pull the headphones out after listening to Google Listen. The really odd thing is that sometimes the music player doesn't start playing until several minutes after the headphones have been removed. Also, when I pull up the music player, it does not show that it is playing, so I have to tell it to play, then pause in order to stop the music.

I will try to get a logcat as well and post on the above bug.

dracos

Reaction score
I can verify the same thing happens to me every time I pull the headphones out after listening to Google Listen. The really odd thing is that sometimes the music player doesn't start playing until several minutes after the headphones have been removed. Also, when I pull up the music player, it does not show that it is playing, so I have to tell it to play, then pause in order to stop the music.

I will try to get a logcat as well and post on the above bug.

Same thing for me as well, I found that if I go into the music player and click the play button and then click pause/stop that the music will stop. This doesnt happen everytime I pull the cable out after using Google Listen/Music Player, but its happening enough.

JoelWRX

Reaction score
For now a temporary fix until its fixed is to:

1. Long press home screen
2. Add shortcut > settings > running services
3. Stop music service

Do this when your done listening to music from the music player

dracos

Reaction score
Tried that when I first ran into this issue from running services and it would just restart playing.

brochaos

Reaction score
i can confirm that using eliot stocker this issue does NOT happen. I plug/unplug my car stereo through the headphone jack at least twice a day and have never had any random sounds/music start playing.
I wonder if the stock music player is removed and the alternate player is used if this still happens.

Hearnmeister

Reaction score
interesting...

I just got a new car that has bluetooth built into it..when I start up my car, and when my phone syncs with it, the songs I've downloaded from Mabilo start playing..sometimes it comes through the car, other times it's just the icon in the status bar, so I go to that, and hit pause and it goes away..

JoelWRX

Reaction score
I've had the problem with Eliot music player too, and the running services stopped the issue. I did do a fresh data wipe and I haven't ran into the problem since?

Hearnmeister

Reaction score
hi

Thanks for the reply, but not sure how to do what you did..I like to think of myself as a 50 something technogeek wannabe...can you tell me how to do what you did??

Thanks

dracos

Reaction score
Yea replicated the same issue with the Eliot player just now.