Help with cradle and some other issues.......

smonky

Reaction score
1. When i first plug my phone (x2) into the Motorola cradle it defaults to the factory preset bedside clock setting like it should. If i back out to open a App or streaming music I cant get back into the multimedia setting (bedside clock). Ive tried clicking the app to open it, ive tried closing everything. Nothing seems to work. This isn't a very big issue, just kinda annoying.

2. Using the music player widget or the actual App shuts off at random. If i have the screen on auto time out, it shuts the music player off at yep, 2 minutes. But i don't have the player on the auto close list.....this i find annoying since to get the player to stay on i have to shut off the auto screen off and leave it on all the time.

3. I get the commonly posted phone shuts off and resets at random issue as well.

4. The indicator light on the phone to show when its charging or completed charging doesnt work while in the cradle or at home on the wall charger either.

I'm learning to live with these issues, but i don't think i should have to. My original droid ran just fine, i was hoping this phone would be a upgrade. I tried a droid3 for a week and that had so many issues i cant even list them here. Lets put it this way i went through 3 phones in 3 weeks and all had issues. That annoyed me as i really wanted the slider keyboard. Anyways, im running the original software, no gingerbread (not sure what that is anyways), i've used the factory reset twice and i continue to have these random issues.

OP
S

smonky

Reaction score
dang, 116 views and no ideas. ive tried searching "cradle" and "music player" and get suggestions from other phone platforms which is why i started this thread.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
dang, 116 views and no ideas. ive tried searching "cradle" and "music player" and get suggestions from other phone platforms which is why i started this thread.

Upgrade to gingerbread homie.

Or root and delete the dock completely from system/app.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
S

smonky

Reaction score
im on android version 2.3.3 does that make any difference?