music player auto-starts with every BT A2DP connection?!?!

oldweasel

Reaction score
Getting very aggravated with the BT implementation on the droid!

Whenever A2DP mode is activated, either when a BT device first connects to the Droid, or when i finish a phone call and the Droid switches back to
A2DP mode, the music player auto-starts and starts playing a random song.

This is aggravating and almost caused a traffic accident the other day when i hung up my phone on m in-car BT and the @!#%@#% player starts BLASTING over my speakers!

Plus, this often seems to cause sputtering and skipping on the music replay, so I have to shut down the BT connection and restart it completely.

Any way to shut this behavior off? I'm almost ready to find a way to delete the music player completely, this is so aggravating!! :icon_cussing::icon_cussing:

Any ideas?

zasran

Reaction score
I have the same problem but noticed more symptoms:

- sometime nothing happens

- sometime music player (default, the one that comes with Droid) start plus Last.fm start in artist lookup mode (i.e. it doesn't play anything but shows me artist info)

- sometime Pandora starts, this one can happen when connecting or disconnecting bluetooth

ero

OP
O

oldweasel

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas how to stop this behavior? Is there a way to change the default BT music application on the Droid?

rutherford.nick

Reaction score
I'm having the same damn problem. It's incredibly frustrating and seems like a huge oversight.

Just trying to keep this thread alive to see if anyone figure anything out.

Has anyone tried the fore-mentioned uninstall the default music player?

clyons077

Reaction score
I'm having the same damn problem. It's incredibly frustrating and seems like a huge oversight.

Just trying to keep this thread alive to see if anyone figure anything out.

Has anyone tried the fore-mentioned uninstall the default music player?

So I guess everyone bought the Rokr?... Add me to the list... this is really starting to make me unhappy... Cradle of Filth blasting on the speaker when your bt cuts out on a pat bus is embarrassing lol

tu3218

Reaction score
I have the motorola bluetooth S9-HD and my music player doesn't start automatically. Thats strange thats happening. Try turning on your bluetooth and where your headset shows up, do a long press. Then select options then unselect media. See if that works.

HoseB

Reaction score
I have the motorola bluetooth S9-HD and my music player doesn't start automatically. Thats strange thats happening. Try turning on your bluetooth and where your headset shows up, do a long press. Then select options then unselect media. See if that works.

I believe the point is, at least for me, I want to use the A2DP connection to play music from my phone. I would like to configure which app is activated for playing when the connection is made. Right now, "Music" app is automatic and if it is over-ridden (stopped and different app picked) then strange things happen as posted earlier (like Music app restarting after a call or Music app starting after the BT connection is dropped or multiple apps playing all at once (in my case -- Pandora, Last.FM, Meridian, Music.)

My Droid is right on the edge of perfection...a few more tweaks and ...WOW!!

solvent211

Reaction score
This thread is a little old, but posting the following in case it helps someone else... I too was annoyed that the music started auto-playing seemingly at random to speakers connected to my computer which was paired to my Droid via BlueTooth. A few times this would result in a BSOD on the vista pc due to the poor sys driver but that is another story... Anyway, try the following which worked for me...

On your Droid, go to Settings | Wireless & Networks | Bluetooth Settings. In the bluetooth devices section long press on your bluetooth device and select Options when it pops up. Under profiles, clear the check mark next to the Media option.

lordegregious

Reaction score
Glad I stumbled into this thread. I've been having this problem with my Ford Fusion for a week now. It never happened before but I'll look at my phone and it will be playing music randomly. I only use the bluetooth for talking in the car, not mediastreaming. I use the usb connection for music. Thanks Solvent211 for the info on stopping that.

Chwatt

Reaction score
HI ! guys why are you want to delete music player this problem is not too big if your music player auto start so i think you have to change some settings in your multimedia option then after they when play if you want to play music player then will start and also whenever you activate A2DP mode then after will work normally . all the best if you have any quires so you can share with me.

Lock-N-Load

Reaction score
This thread is a little old, but posting the following in case it helps someone else... I too was annoyed that the music started auto-playing seemingly at random to speakers connected to my computer which was paired to my Droid via BlueTooth. A few times this would result in a BSOD on the vista pc due to the poor sys driver but that is another story... Anyway, try the following which worked for me...

On your Droid, go to Settings | Wireless & Networks | Bluetooth Settings. In the bluetooth devices section long press on your bluetooth device and select Options when it pops up. Under profiles, clear the check mark next to the Media option.

thanks! will see if this works.

in my case, I only use the iPod in my Ford with Sync so that is USB. But, now and then I need to listen to a VVM and thus, need to switch to BTST (BT) in the Ford and every time I do, the Music app starts and plays. Annoys the hell out of me, I hope this is the fix.