Pre-Order Wait

silverknight1311

Reaction score
Has anyone pre-ordered a popular phone before? I pre-ordered a DX through Best Buy and am curious as to how early you guys think I should show up that day? The rep said they open at 8 but I will go earlier if feedback here suggests a large line may already have formed by then...

It's so hard counting days until launch!

chikibabe

Reaction score
From previous discussions of other pre-order buyers of Best Buy: said they had no problem getting their phone on launch day. I pre-ordered mine and the Best Buy Rep said they'll call me one or two days in advance to set up a time for me to come in so they can set up and give me the phone.

OP
S

silverknight1311

Reaction score
From previous discussions of other pre-order buyers of Best Buy: said they had no problem getting their phone on launch day. I pre-ordered mine and the Best Buy Rep said they'll call me one or two days in advance to set up a time for me to come in so they can set up and give me the phone.

Thanks for the quick response!

I plan to call early next week to verify the pre-order and will ask about that as well

maniacman54

Reaction score
I just called bb playing dumb saying i was told to make an appointment. the rep quickly pointed out that they were calling me when they get it in stock, and he said "we're definitely getting it before launch day". so i repeated several times, "so i should be expecting a call from you on the 13th or 14th" he said yes"

now if that call is to tell me to come in or to set up an appointment is up for interpretation. i'm thinking the "coming in", but he probably thinks its the latter. I hope I get it early :)

First phone that I ever preordered. First android phone (coming from a Moto Q then a Dare)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What B is doing IMHO is not a pre-order.

Pre-Order should guarantee you a device, they do not do that...

maniacman54

Reaction score
the way i see it, it's sort of guaranteed to a certain point. for instance if they were 5 phones came in and you're number two on the preorder list, you're most likely going to get that phone on launch day.

i think they don't want to say "guaranteed" for legal issues probably because you know how many people will be really angry that they were told it was guaranteed but BB didn't anticipate receiving a smaller number of phones.

OP
S

silverknight1311

Reaction score
the way i see it, it's sort of guaranteed to a certain point. for instance if they were 5 phones came in and you're number two on the preorder list, you're most likely going to get that phone on launch day.

i think they don't want to say "guaranteed" for legal issues probably because you know how many people will be really angry that they were told it was guaranteed but BB didn't anticipate receiving a smaller number of phones.

This sounds more likely and probably has a lot to do with not creating the same situation that the iphone 4 had...

just like birth control is 99.99% effective ;)