powermat and droid?

BillTheCat

Reaction score
www.powermat.com

To use a Powermat, you need the mat and a receiver. What most people want is the phone case that doubles as a receiver, so there is nothing to plug in. You lay your phone on the mat & it charges via the receiver built into its case. There is no receiver case for Droid at this time.

You can still use Powermat with a Droid, but in order to do so, you have to use the generic "Power Cube" receiver. You plug that into your Droid and lay the cube on the mat. Which kinda nullifies the point of the Powermat, since you have to plug the phone into the cube. Which is really a flat square, and not a cube at all, FWIW.

I'm sure it won't take long, though.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Wife has one for her iJunk....seems to work well...Waiting on the Droid hook up.

dean.collins

Reaction score
customer support email POWERMAT

Just send them an email like i did. [email protected]

Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 4:36 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: DROID?

When are you bring out a DROID back?
(and don’t tell me there is a dongle available now ……only interested in the backcharging device).

Cheers,
Dean

tommyz

Reaction score
It's too bad something like this isn't built into the phone. Could you imagin putting the phone into the car holder and having it being powered and charging without connecting a wire to the phone!

romeov

Reaction score
It would indeed be cool, but those damn "charging backs" completely cover up the back ends of phones. I want wireless charging, but not at the expense of the beautiful backside of my Droid. I mean seriously, turn this thing over and look at that sleek, contoured back panel. Everything in it's place, so aesthetically pleasing. It's simply.... I mean it's just so...

I'll take 10 powermats please.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went to the Powermat site at Powermat.com | Powermat Product Line and looked at the Guided Tour. The mat has a magnet in order to align the object for proper charging. That may throw the Droid into either Car or Dock.

I saw some comments on Howard Forums from the iPhone people and it was mixed. It added bulk and recessed some of the buttons.

IMHO, nice idea, but you'll be dropping about $130 just to get rid of having to plug in a charger.

Last edited:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Until they start building the functionality into the device and not some external adapter it will be kinda pointless to me. I can organize and hide wires and use drop in charging cradles/docks just fine until then.

Sooks

Reaction score
I just got the powermat for christmas , i am running 2.1 re 0.04 and it dosent work , i have the phone off the mat , and the cube on and it wont work , has worked well on iphone , storm 2 , curve , storm 1 , eris .

romeov

Reaction score
Yeah, I totally agree, the whole point of a powermat is to set your phone on it and it charges, end of story. With the cube, you set it down. plug it in and it charges, which is the exact same thing as using the power cord, but looks even more ridiculous

jmilacek

Reaction score
I fail to see the point of the Powermat entirely. You have to add something to your device, and you have to put your phone in the same place. How is there any convenience added whatsoever? Kinda lame tbh.

I'm just waiting for radio wave charging, so I really never have to charge my phone.