Powermat

Reaction score
Anyone have the powermat and official battery and cover for the DX?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
procrastination
Reaction score
So I had my friend at best buy demo the powermat for me this weekend.

Lame -

It is a new battery cover that uses the USB port. Your battery remains and the door is where the magic works to charge the device.

I will pass for now.

Sent from my DROIDX

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
ok so here is my issue with this device and i will not recommend to no one i went to bestbuy thinking this was going to be off the chain well once i got home i try putting it together and the battery door would not close properly, i compared both the original door and the powermat door and noticed that the hinges on the powermat were defective and were not even close to the original door. so i took it to bestbuy and told them they tried telling me that i had gotten a defective one and i told them nope that there all bad so had a tech wannabe try it and he could not get it on at the end i got my money back. so dont waste your money on this junk just buy an extended and a external battery pack your better off this way...

OP
procrastination
Reaction score
I also noticed it seemed "cheaper" than the original door.

——————————————
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
ok this is an update from a powermat rep who i sent an email:

Sent: Friday, November 26, 2010 12:23 AM
To: Powermat Customer Service
Subject: Powermat.com - Contact Us email from website
Subject: Get Answers

Comment:

hi im writing cause i had purchased one of your items for the droid x and come to find out it would not fit, when i returned it to bestbuy all you powermats had the same defective issue. the bottom clips of the back door were not long enough and i was not going to force it in, if it does not fit theres no need to force it. are you guys aware of this issue cause i know im not the only one that has had this problem and if for some reason you do not believe what i am saying read around several reviews...hope that this really gets fixed for i am interested in buying your product but until then i will just wait. i hope to hear from someone soon thank you.

Dear Jose Olivo,

Thank you for contacting Powermat. I do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

We are aware of the issue with the Droid X. We do have an updated receiver door that will fit your device. I will submit an order for the correct receiver door and send that out to you at no charge. If you have any additional concerns, please contact us at 1-888-856-6783 .

Thank you and have a great day!
Meghean T.

hope this helps

tkq23111

Reaction score
droid eris

does any one know where i can buy or if its worth it to but a battery cover for motorola droid eris .that goes on a power mat.thank you

tkq23111

Reaction score
droid eris battery

how about a sight that sells a good battery .i dont trust all sight because of some batteries are immatations. i have to charge the battery by taking it out of the phone and putting on a charger because the port on the phone has a short.does anyone know if that is fixable .the phone is a motorola droid eris.ty

jack902902

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a case out there yet that will fit with the Powermat receiver door?