Post new ideas for ROM features

Reaction score
Title says it all, post away to let devs know what users want:)

Sent from rooted HTC Thunderbolt w/ updated RUU
ROM: TeslaCoil 1.7
Kernel: Imyosen's lean Extreme
Launcher: ADW Launcher EX

mill guy

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to keep the notification led on past 5 mins.

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Speaking of LED options id like to see a range of different colors we could possibly set up for different apps or better yet different people when being notified of an sms or missed call etc, I remember seeing something like this when I had cyanogenmod on my og d1

Sent from rooted HTC Thunderbolt w/ updated RUU
ROM: TeslaCoil 1.7
Kernel: Imyosen's lean Extreme
Launcher: ADW Launcher EX

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Speaking of LED options id like to see a range of different colors we could possibly set up for different apps or better yet different people when being notified of an sms or missed call etc, I remember seeing something like this when I had cyanogenmod on my og d1

The only LED colors on the thunderbolt are red, orange, green, and purple.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score

The only LED colors on the thunderbolt are red, orange, green, and purple.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

Thanx:)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
well i would like a desened rom running ADW EX with transparent pull down and notification bar along with the app drawer and phone dialer. add the spare parts app.
also delete the verizon emblem in the notification pull down and add the power widgets to it and remove the last apps used.speed up the wifi scann time. leave the stock camera because i feel its awesome with some killer features.
also i would want something simelar to all the ultimate droid settings. so i could customize my device to how i want it. but thats just me.

bob

hesham1

Reaction score
1. Would like the default contact save to Google instead of the phone.

2. Would like SMS address to line to default to allow you to send texts not only phone numbers but to email addresses in your contacts list.

3. Would like to see a feature that lets you choose to sync Facebook pictures to contacts but not birthdays and all that crap. I'm tired of seeing birthdays on my calendar, but I do like the picture feature.

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Integrate the following options into the default powerdown menu:
-reboot recovery
-reboot
-hot reboot
-other
- zipalign on next boot
- restore apps on next boot
- fix permissions on next boot
- create nandroid backup
- clear cache
- clear data
- clear dalvik
- true factory reset*
- install theme
- install rom
- no data wipe
- data wipe first

* via a sbf update zip it looks for in some predefined default directory. Same method would be applied for the install theme and install rom features (except the install theme feature would automatically clear cache first)

Make it so that all user apps that want to automatically create their own folder on the root of the sdcard are instead forced to automatically create their folder in some default subdirectory just for applications files like :
/sdcard/appfiles (or something similar)

Completely incorporate the features of the app Clipper+ into the ROM.

Incorporate the features of sms backup+ into the default msg app.

Build and include an app called system optimization, which is a GUI frontend for making sysctl.conf tweaks, build.prop edits, overclock configurations (via integrated quickclock features), setting data governors, and more.

Adjust brightness settings that went lower than the default min without using an app like Adj Brightness.

A quick GUI for setting default app selection and file association configurations all at once and a way to backup and restore your settings.

The ability to set pressing both volume buttons at the same time as another hard key governed shortcut.

The ability to override androids default memory management system to selectively lock any given app in memory so that it is never terminated, but rather forces androids auto memory management system to terminate other apps instead, even if they were just used (more recently than your memory locked app).

Enhance the long press home button "recent apps" screen, by allowing the addition of a few user selected pinned app shortcuts in the presently wasted space above the recent app list. And the addition of pinned system app shortcuts using the presently wasted space below the recent app list, like a quick way to get into android built in task killer (for easily dealing with stubborn apps like Slacker/Pandora radio from not terminating properly), shortcut to wireless network settings, battery stats, and app management, as well as some essential toggle controls if they could be fit in there somewhere... like maybe just a really small strip at the bottom of this screen. And the ability to select which apps should be omitted from the recent app shortcuts.

The ability to easily shorten links via the integration of features found in apps like aLink directly into the copy and paste screens.

A refined download manager system for providing quick access to all downloads via an aggregated list, built in dl features for dealing with free file hosting sites like features found in the app DownDroid, and including the ability for the user to pre-defined multiple default download directories for the system to automatically save dl'ed files too depending on their file type.

And a quick and easy way to provide instaneous (one-way) feedback on rom features and/or report errors/bugs via some inbuilt feedback mechanism that could automatically format your submitted requests/error reports into some standardized file that the devs could easily skim over to determine and readily tackle common issues and/or user requests. Possibly even design it in a matter that could automatically include crash report dumps and/or error report logs directly into the standardized feedback file.

And lastly a quick and easy way to donate to the devs, share your support of the project by promoting it through social networking services like Facebook or twitter, and/or having the ability to submit a formal ROM review to be publicly posted on either a specific section of a website specifically built for that ROM or to some centralized ROM review website for aggregating and managing all reviews and ratings into an organized database, subdivided by device, system version and ROM release version.

Hope that helps a little. I actually have a lot more ideas, but I really don't feel like typing anymore right now... lol! Either way, cool idea to use a thread like this to generate new ideas, thats really good thinking if you ask me. I am sure that there are all sorts of cool ideas out there that have yet to ever be included because no one even thought to speak up about it. I hope those people find this thread and post up their concepts, because brainstorming new ideas can only lead to positive progressions on this platform as we know it to exist today. Thanks again OP for starting this up!

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

bsbabcock

Reaction score
Wug, Today I bow in reverence to your awesomeness. You know your @#%(.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wug, Today I bow in reverence to your awesomeness. You know your @#%(.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wow, Thanks! Lol, but to be honest/fair, if I really knew my $#%* though then I would just learn how to do all those things I mentioned and build my own ROM.....lol. But unfortunately I'm still not on that level yet nor do I think that even if I was, that I would actually possess the kind of patience required to code that much just for one project. Sounds really tedious and daunting if you ask me... I have a lot of respect for the devs that actually can/ spend the time necessary to build these things, they truly deserve a standing ovation for all the hard work they have done. But me just coming up with some ideas is certainly not as remarkable as the devs who come up with new ideas and then actually build them... lol. That is true "awsomeness" if you ask me.. hopefully some day I will have that kind of discipline, until then I am happy to help out by just planting the seed. Maybe once I make WugPort the program I actually want it to be, will I finally start considering myself a legit dev. Until then, I am happy just helping out, moding/hacking stuff, and learning new things from the people who actually do the real work. But either way... thank you sir! :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited: