Possible Battery Mod Issue

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Have you tried searching the Z Force section in the Moto Forum, to see if others have had the same question / issue? Nothing agaisnt this forum, I love it here. The main difference is that here there is a small number of Moto Z owners and there you would see info from hundreds (or thousands) of other Moto Z owners, and possible answers from the Moto support staff. Just a thought, there may be others that have the same issue and information already shared.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I did look awhile back & found nothing. Maybe something has popped up since. Thanks for the reminder! I'll try to hop on there this weekend.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

erydzewski

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
@hammerhead13 what was you screen on time with "moderate usage"? do you have a screen shot of it?

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
This does not help your issue, but I like how the Command center widget shows both the phone and the battery mod charge levels. Cool!

Sent from my Moto Z Force Droid using Tapatalk.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This does not help your issue, but I like how the Command center widget shows both the phone and the battery mod charge levels. Cool!

Sent from my Moto Z Force Droid using Tapatalk.

It is cool!

I remember when Moto added the Command Center Widget on the Droid Razr HD & Razr M in 2012, and thought it was pretty cool. It's one of the reasons I have stuck with the Droid brand since then. I like how they have added new features & functionality each year to keep it updated and useful. I use it a lot, so much information available right there in one cool looking widget! :cool:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This 4k screen can sure kill a battery fast though..wow..even with the mod...it's about 6 hours of screen on time .in so so reception

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
This 4k screen can sure kill a battery fast though..wow..even with the mod...it's about 6 hours of screen on time .in so so reception

I thought it was a 2K Display.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It could be..internet said 4..looked here..couldn't find out .

Hengey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Moto Z Play
Is anyone having problems with their battery mod not charging to 100%? I have the Tumi mod and have had wonderful luck with it until the past couple of weeks. On three different occasions, I awoke to the mod only being partially charged. I've powered down and powered back up and it's continued to charge up once I've plugged it back into the charger.
This morning, I awoke to the mod sitting at 63%. I did the power down/power up thing and nothing happened. I removed the battery, pressed the reset button, and still nothing. I have tried about everything I can think of to get the battery to acknowledge the charger, but nothing is working.
The phone IS charging off the battery, and the battery is showing in my settings, so it's making good contact with the phone -- it just won't show a connection to the charger. Any charger (I've tried 4).
Thoughts?

I am on my second Tumi mod...the first charged wirelessly for a few days and then stopped. The "replacement" unit I currently have has never charged wirelessly. I have a bunch of different charging pads that charge other units, but this one refuses to play nice.

Anyone have any helpful ideas?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am on my second Tumi mod...the first charged wirelessly for a few days and then stopped. The "replacement" unit I currently have has never charged wirelessly. I have a bunch of different charging pads that charge other units, but this one refuses to play nice.

Anyone have any helpful ideas?

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there two versions of the Tumi (like the Incipio) one with wirless charging and one without? Are you sure the replacement they sent you is wireless compatible? I recently bought my wife a Kate Spade battery Mod and it was listed as wireless compatible. The one I received is not, turns out there are 2 versions of that battery Mod as well.

Hengey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Moto Z Play
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there two versions of the Tumi (like the Incipio) one with wirless charging and one without? Are you sure the replacement they sent you is wireless compatible? I recently bought my wife a Kate Spade battery Mod and it was listed as wireless compatible. The one I received is not, turns out there are 2 versions of that battery Mod as well.

Thanks...yes, the units I have gotten are supposed to be able to charge wirelessly.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Does it clearly say WIRELESS on the back of the battery Mod? My Incipio has wireless printed in big letters on the inside of it.

Hengey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Moto Z Play
Does it clearly say WIRELESS on the back of the battery Mod? My Incipio has wireless printed in big letters on the inside of it.

YES...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, cool. Just double checking. It took me a few minutes to realize the guy on E Bay sold me the wrong battery Mod. I'm not sure why it will not charge. Have you tried charging just the battery Mod separate from the phone?