Possible battery life extension test

OP
P

perfoliate

Reaction score
right now I am at 19 hrs. w/o charge...2 20min. calls..2 emails with pics sent, camera used, updated 30 contacts, some golf, using live thunderbolt wallpaper, checking mail, it goes in standby, at 34% now, screen set low low...71% usage

That seems like a pretty good run.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Mikedd_87

Reaction score
You guys are doing better than me. I'm about to install a debloat ROM. Will test more in the coming days.

My phone off the charger is around 7 hours now, and about 40% charge :(

Giving this debloat a shot...

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys are doing better than me. I'm about to install a debloat ROM. Will test more in the coming days.

My phone off the charger is around 7 hours now, and about 40% charge :(

Giving this debloat a shot...

Tell us what you think, I'm kinda staying away from ROMs atm and just applying tweaks to the stock one.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
Since nobody seems to be running virusrom I'll give it a shot and post up.

My phone is currently charging.

SetCPU settings;
Min - 245760
Max - 768000

Screen Off
Min - 245760
Max - 245760

We should update the OP with all of our results since some people are on the debloated rom and others are stock.

A template would also be helpful so we can see what settings are being used. Something like this maybe;

SetCPU;
SetCPU Profiles;
Rooted (Y/N);
Rom;
Screen Brightness;
GPS (On/Off);
3G/4G;

Last edited:

sincerity

Reaction score
gonna test this out...what is stock high end with the kernel? I'm running virusrom and setcpu is telling me 1024mhz is my high end...I see others using 768??

Reaction score
Screen off - 245 mhz min and max

With the Set CPU's profile that low, do you guys still get the notifications and phone rings, and so on?

As I remember, when I set the speed 125 mhz min and max on my D1, I couldn't get any notifications at all.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok forgive the ignorant question... but when I tried setcpu, none of the settings or profiles seemed to be "sticking", for lack of a better word - so I assumed it wasn't doable yet on the current stock kernel... ??

frankieg22x

Reaction score
Ok forgive the ignorant question... but when I tried setcpu, none of the settings or profiles seemed to be "sticking", for lack of a better word - so I assumed it wasn't doable yet on the current stock kernel... ??

1. Open SetCPU
2. Hit menu button
3. Hit "perflock disabler"
4. Hit "attempt to disable perflock" (once completed I also checked "set on boot"
5. Move the max to where you want

The green writing over the max scale should change to reflect the new speed you indicated.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. Open SetCPU
2. Hit menu button
4. Hit "attempt to disable perflock" (once completed I also checked "set on boot"

The green writing over the max scale should change to reflect the new speed you indicated.

thank you... don't know how i missed that - never had an HTC device that i oc'd before

sincerity

Reaction score

1. Open SetCPU
2. Hit menu button

thank you... don't know how i missed that - never had an HTC device that i oc'd before

nice, never had to do this before either...thanks for instrcutions....so i'm not sure my profiles have been working....but anyway

fwiw, been off charger since 7am, it's 5:35pm now...i'd say pretty light use today and 71% left....i rebooted once, so unplugged time is messed up. SetCPu was started with the screen off profile this morning around 9 or so...10.5 hours right? and only lost 30%dancedroid

that is really good life imo...

OP
P

perfoliate

Reaction score
Screen off - 245 mhz min and max

With the Set CPU's profile that low, do you guys still get the notifications and phone rings, and so on?

As I remember, when I set the speed 125 mhz min and max on my D1, I couldn't get any notifications at all.

I haven't had any missed calls or texts with the screen off 245mhz max. I wasn't a fan of the 125 low end on the D1 either. So even if I could go that low I wouldn't bother.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
69% battery left and I've been off the charger for 4 hours with pretty light use. I think I'm going to switch from the virusrom to debloated.

OP
P

perfoliate

Reaction score
Since nobody seems to be running virusrom I'll give it a shot and post up.

My phone is currently charging.

SetCPU settings;
Min - 245760
Max - 768000

Screen Off
Min - 245760
Max - 245760

We should update the OP with all of our results since some people are on the debloated rom and others are stock.

A template would also be helpful so we can see what settings are being used. Something like this maybe;

SetCPU;
SetCPU Profiles;
Rooted (Y/N);
Rom;
Screen Brightness;
GPS (On/Off);
3G/4G;

I like your idea about a basic template for readers to understand, I included a basic version in the OP. Still thinking on how I could incorporate a view of the results, but there are so many variables involved with people's setups it might be hard to structure and list.

Mainly if people are happy with their results and see some improvement then this thread will be a help :)