Possible battery life extension test

Its TwiX

Reaction score
My battery is a champ.

BAMF 1.3 running a test 1.2 oc'd kernel from Adrynalyne.

No need for SetCPU with this.

Smartass > SetCPU

I would be careful with that 1.8 oc'd kernel. People were saying don't run it for a long period of time due to overheating. :D

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I can't wait for that test kernel. I've been reading about smartass and I'm very interested in it too. It seems counter-productive to me to have an APP that has to monitor things (using battery) to keep the processor efficient. But alrighty. Some of the best battery life I ever got was Pete's Bugless Beast and Chevy's kernels on the original droid (48 hours+).

Its TwiX - any idea when that might be released?

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Adrynalyne is giving it out to people to test now. He didn't say anything about a release, but it's working perfectly so I'm thinking pretty soon unless he wants to add more stuff to it. I'll ask him if I can post it here and let everyone test it when he gets back. :D

frankieg22x

Reaction score
Most of these kernels have a smartass setting for setcpu. Adrenalyne is going to have it already built into his kernel?

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Most of these kernels have a smartass setting for setcpu. Adrenalyne is going to have it already built into his kernel?

Yep. Automatically changes based on the state of the phone. No SetCPU required.

suzukimethod

Reaction score
Has anyone who has been getting 'excellent' battery life (say, 18+ hours of moderate use) also using 4g (or at least where 4g is in place)? Some sites seem to think that this phone will do decently in 3g areas (battery), but that 4g really kills it....OR maybe, it was just the cpu/profile management that needed tweaked?

time will tell, and my OG-D1 is up for upgrade shortly...so this is tempting (especially since Tucson was included in the recent LTE expansion for 2011...)

gitku

Reaction score
I got 14 hours with 30% left when I went to sleep yesterday using Adrenalyne's v2.0 1ghz undervolted using the smartass gov. With no setcpu profiles. I had over 4.5 hours of awake time and I am in a 4g area.

Last edited:

frankieg22x

Reaction score
57% left and I'm at 15 hours and 20 minutes

Bamf 1.3.2 with smartass kernel update

*Update
18 hours 25 minutes -50% left

*Update
20 hours 20 minutes - 48% left

*Update
24 hours 16 minutes - 34& left

Last edited:
Reaction score
SetCPU Profiles: 768/768 ondemand, screen off 245/245, charging 1024/768, Battery <15% 245/245

Rooted (Y/N): Of course

Rom/kernel: "stock" with most bloat removals (Blockbuster, Golf, BitBop, etc. removed)

Screen Brightness setting: 33%

3G/4G area: 3G at work, 3G/WiFi at home

Time off charger: 3:30pm EST 4/6/11 (only 20 minutes so far)

Noticeable improvement yes/no: "Battery Left" app is claiming my battery will currently last for ~17 hours. I will be on 3G only from 3:30pm to about 5pm, then WiFi & 3G at home. I will let this run through the night until I go to bed and update with my estimated time left.

Tomorrow I will be creating a new "Battery Left" Profile to see if there is a big difference between being on WiFi vs 3G only. What I like about the Battery Left program (paid) is that I can create a ton of profiles and it doesn't do any battery conditioning or app killing, it just gives a lot of detail on what is using the battery power and lots of detailed usage reports.