Pokemon Go Farming Is Now A Thing

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Have you let Pokemon Go take over your life yet? Yea me neither. This game has seemingly taken the world by storm, and I can't go anywhere without seeing at least 2 or 3 people staring at their phones and bumping into things. Before you get too mad at them or make fun at them consider this. There are now a few elite players who have registered lots of accounts and they are actively farming those accounts. These players are making thousands of dollars just by selling these accounts on ebay.

You would think, but wait don't you have to spend weeks traveling the country to accumulate enough pokemon and skill level to make an account worth a couple hundred dollars. That way of thinking is pretty logical since the point of the game is to walk around collecting Pokemon as you go. Attacking the game this way I am able to round up 2-3 pokemon per hour in my neighborhood.

Alternatively someone who has hacked the game can add a joystick and location spoofing. Playing this way I can catch Pokemon at a rate of one per minute. I leveled up from 2 to 6 in about 20 minutes the other day. At this rate a really good hacked player could easily level up to a level 24 and sell their account for around $100 on ebay. Do this several times a week and you have yourself a full time job.

I can remember back in the day people used to do this with games like World of Warcraft. I actually remember some of my friends would have spending money on the weekends by selling their farmed accounts on ebay. If you don't mind reaping the benefits of someone else's hard work grab a leveled up account from the link below.

via Ebay

badtoy1986

Reaction score
I think i'll stick to my day job... All day for $100 isn't near worth it.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I read somewhere that they have been soft banning some of these accounts using these mods. It would wise to use caution when buying one if it was flagged. You can be throwing away your money.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
$100? Did you see some of the prices?? Level 24 account for $476, Level 29 with 145/150 pokemon caught for $2500. Are these people insane??? All for a gaming account that will more than likely end up banned anyway for cheating. Crazy!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
This has been going on in gaming industry since 2000 and Diablo 2(I used to sell game items on ebay). And made about $300 casually playing Diablo 3 till they closed auction house.

China has Internet cafes dedicated to "farming". But I've known people who were bring in 100k annually running a set of Pcs following a single account in mmorpg games. Lineage 2, dark age of Camelot, lotro, wow to name a few.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I really wanted to sell my World of Warcraft account; primarily my retribution paladin at the end of Wrath of the Lich King. I had offers upwards of $2500 since he had a full set of heroic 25 man DPS gear and normal 25 man tank and healer gear, with a 3v3 arena rating of 2350'ish.

I couldn't do it though. I play games to have fun, and the characters I make or the accomplishments I have, are forever a part of me. The names I use online are part of my identity and I wouldn't give those to someone else, nor would I be able to "play" a game with the sole idea of it being work so I can profit from it.

People are strange.