PokeMon GO Update Blocks Root Users.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Niantic is taking steps to end hacking and cheating for good in PokeMon Go. Most of the hacks for the game which allow you to do things like add a joystick require that you be rooted. One of the best hacks for the game also requires that you have the Xposed Framework installed. Niantic has also done the same for iOS users blocking any user that is jailbroken.

There is still a hack that works even on the new update. The tried and true FlyGPS hack has been updated every time the app is updated. Not only are you able to add a joystick, but you can also change your location. This is great for anyone in a rural area. Jumping to NewYork city for example gives you access to far more pokestops than what you may be able to find around your home.

There is also a new buddy feature in the update. You can now choose your favorite Pokemon as your buddy. When you walk with your buddy for a certain distance you will earn candy. This means you will be able to evolve your Pokemon much faster. If you insist on using a root hack you can hide your root with SuHide. Grab the update to take advantage of the buddy feature.

PokeMonGo 0.37.0 APK

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
The harder they try the smarter the hackers get...

I'm personally done with Niantic and there absolute S*** customer service. not one response to a single email... different problems in each game and absolute no support.

so screw em... I won't play their games, and I'm telling all my friends not to either. until they can figure out how to properly communicate with their customers.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Games are big money (even if it's only advertising dollars or tracking information for resale), and like any industry that involves big money there are often extreme measures taken to protect that money making product or service. I am suspecting that location information (or the lack of accurate information by way of location spoofing), is the motivating factor here. To live in a rural area would make your location information far less valuable than in a metropolis like New York city (where there are far more potential companies interested in who may be nearby and who could be a candidate for their products or services.