Please help!!!!!!

OP
J

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
when i tried rsdlite during install said there was an error and could not complete install

OP
J

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
dont i have to be rooted to flash a stock sbf, if not how would i go about doing so?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
yup, factory reset....can be done without RSD and SBF...just saying....
Yes, and teddyearp has a thread dedicated to it that's fantastic if you want to go that way, but if you just do a hard reset then it seems there's about a 50% chance of it leaving the SU icon behind, in my experience. :)

J

Johnly

Nope, you can flash the sbf rooted or not, just make sure you are running as an administrator and the proper drivers are installed 32 64. You are good! You will get it!

J

Johnly

yup, factory reset....can be done without RSD and SBF...just saying....
Yes, and teddyearp has a thread dedicated to it that's fantastic if you want to go that way, but if you just do a hard reset then it seems there's about a 50% chance of it leaving the SU icon behind, in my experience. :)
That is why I nandroid my first root. Then I can SU it to stock. Whatever works right? We are ALL here to HELP. I just do it a little different and RUN a few motos....

OP
J

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
just tried another d/l for rsdlite and successfully installed, just not to sure what to do with it, unfortunately i was spoiled with the one touch root app, which installed rom manager so i only used clockwork recovery, so when my replacement phone gets here i know now i will not be able to root the old way since when i did it it was 2.1, now its 2.2.1 and they seem to have blocked the path to root thru easy root, bastards!

OP
J

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
did not know i could su to stock, wish i knew i coulda done that and save a load of aggrivation

J

Johnly

just tried another d/l for rsdlite and successfully installed, just not to sure what to do with it, unfortunately i was spoiled with the one touch root app, which installed rom manager so i only used clockwork recovery, so when my replacement phone gets here i know now i will not be able to root the old way since when i did it it was 2.1, now its 2.2.1 and they seem to have blocked the path to root thru easy root, bastards!
One touch roots are the best (only for people that have RSD, SBFs Drivers, and Instructions on a first if fail right?!) Glad you are cool dude!:icon_ banana: Sounds like you have some experience to share......

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
J

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
i made a recovery with rom manager first root, but after the accidental unroot and factory reset, my backups no longer existed in recovery screen, i tried that thinking i could go back to where i was b4 i goofed

J

Johnly

i made a recovery with rom manager first root, but after the accidental unroot and factory reset, my backups no longer existed in recovery screen, i tried that thinking i could go back to where i was b4 i goofed
They exist on your SD card still. This RS guy is well versed at RSD SBF flash I can tell. He will take good care of you....

OP
J

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
ok, so i just tried a program called soup or root, and i got root access back, i ran su permissions on term emu, and put in lines to remove SU app, rebooted it was gone, used easy root to unroot cuz that still seems to work, rebooted again and no longer have SU permission in term emu, so i know it worked, uninstalled term emu, and uninstalled easy root, again, im at version 2.2.1 frg83d, am i good, or will they be able to know i was rooted? btw i really appreciate all who have been trying to help with my crisis.