Losing Root Access!!! Please Help!!!

uo959

Reaction score
I rooted my DInc2 by the downgrade to 2.3.3 then using Revox. Worked fine for a while then I screwed something up by freezing/uninstalling something, because I kept getting an android.process.acore unexpectedly closed error over and over to the point that I couldn't do anything. So I did a factory data reset and still had the Superuser apk in the app drawer and when I would open Titanium Backup Pro it said it couldn't gain root access. I have tried fixing permissions and it makes it work until I try to restore something then TB will act is if it is restoring the app but it doesn't do anything. I updated the SU apk and binary to the latest version. I have searched and searched but I have found no permanent solution. Any help would be appreciated.P.S. I came from a Droid X rooted with CM7 Nightly and have lurked on these forums and others for a while.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Congrats on the first post although it seems you have been around a bit!

As to the issue, I would recommend restoring a nandroid backup from when it was working. Or you can try flashing su again in recovery as that will remove the old su and install again (not sure how you updated above, but with your errors, I would go this route). If you are going to run fix permissions, run that before you install the su.zip because it will set its own permissions.

Personally I would say the best method at this point is just restore a backup though as there is no way for me to know what you changed as there could be more wrong.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Congrats on the first post although it seems you have been around a bit!

As to the issue, I would recommend restoring a nandroid backup from when it was working. Or you can try flashing su again in recovery as that will remove the old su and install again (not sure how you updated above, but with your errors, I would go this route). If you are going to run fix permissions, run that before you install the su.zip because it will set its own permissions.

Personally I would say the best method at this point is just restore a backup though as there is no way for me to know what you changed as there could be more wrong.