Superuser access issue

kmcgill88

Reaction score
I reverted back to my rooted stock rom this AM and in the process apparently lost my root, or atleast I think I did.

The SuperUser app is still on my phone which makes me think I'm still rooted. However, when I try to use say Barnacle wireless tether it says "Barnacle requires 'su' to access the hardware! Please make sure you have root access."

Soo I tried to reboot into clockwork recovery to restore my CM7 RC4 only to see my clockwork recovery was gone! Next I booted up and ran Rom Manager thinking I would reflash but of course forgot I no long have root and couldn't do that. Same case for Rom Manager "An error occurred while attempting to run privileded commands!"

This means i lost root, right? What should I do to get my root back? Do I need to start over from scratch? I'm very puzzled considering my superuser app is still installed and runs but no SU access is granted. Is there something i'm missing as far as options go that i need to change?

Thanks for the help!

Taco

Reaction score
You will need to reroot, try using motocache1s sbf method located in the droid labs section.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
K

kmcgill88

Reaction score
Thanks Taco.

Could someone tell me why I lost root when reverting back (via clockwork recovery, nandroid restore) to my stock rom? My superuser APK is still installed but to no avail. I'm assuming its ok to delete it now (can someone plz confirm this).

Also I have changed from PC to Mac since first rooting. Anybody have a suggestion as to the 'best' or 'preferred' way to root your droid using a Mac?

Thanks!

OP
K

kmcgill88

Reaction score
After looking into rooting via macbook pro I ended up finding a friend with windows and used superoneclick from xda forum. That program is pretty slick! Stock rom was driving me bonkers!

I havnt given up on rooting via mac but am still getting comfortable using the adb via mac sdk. I need to get another phone so I can do some more experimenting without worring about messing up my only form of communication!

Cheers!