Re-Rooting Frustrations

ctbrewski

Reaction score
So, I rooted my Droid 1, then flashed cm 6.1.2. It all went fine, but I installed without ADWLauncher, which I regretted. So, I installed ROM manager Premium and tried to re-flash cm 6.1.2, but upon reboot I had neither ADWLauncher, nor root access anymore. Now, when I run ROM Manager I get an error message: "You must root your phone for ROM Manager to function. Superuser was not found at "/system/bin/su" or "/system/xbin/su"" I re-ran through the steps on the WIKI to root the Droid, but it didn't work. Finally I did some Googleing and tried SuperOneClick, which installed a Superuser icon, but it still doesn't work on ROM Manager.

This is driving me nuts! :icon_eek: What am I doing wrong!?

JustisLewis

Reaction score
So, I rooted my Droid 1, then flashed cm 6.1.2. It all went fine, but I installed without ADWLauncher, which I regretted. So, I installed ROM manager Premium and tried to re-flash cm 6.1.2, but upon reboot I had neither ADWLauncher, nor root access anymore. Now, when I run ROM Manager I get an error message: "You must root your phone for ROM Manager to function. Superuser was not found at "/system/bin/su" or "/system/xbin/su"" I re-ran through the steps on the WIKI to root the Droid, but it didn't work. Finally I did some Googleing and tried SuperOneClick, which installed a Superuser icon, but it still doesn't work on ROM Manager.

Sorry man, but it might be SBF time. You can flash Raidzeros Recovery Only SBF and there's a root option within RZR (the recovery)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

Sorry man, but it might be SBF time. You can flash Raidzeros Recovery Only SBF and there's a root option within RZR (the recovery)

+1 Sounds right... it might be that your Rom manager didn't install properly.

JustisLewis

Reaction score
If you want to go that route there's a link in my sig to the RZR thread, which contains the SBF I was talking about

OP
C

ctbrewski

Reaction score
I used 1.7

Interesting thing though, after I used it then clicked on the Superuser icon, it told me it needed to update to a newer version, which it then proceeded to download, then failed on the update. In looking at the downloaded file, it was a 0 byte file.

I uninstalled the superuser app, and now SuperOneClick won't even run. It errors mid-process immediately after "Getting mount path..."