Please help!!!

tbone1234

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First time poster... I'm having big problems with my droid. So I originally had froyo installed, and a friend of mine rooted, overclocked, installed rom manager, etc. to my droid. I have no idea how to do any of that (or even what all that means), but the bigger problem is my droid kept telling me to upgrade froyo. So I did, and stupidly I cleared cache without backing anything up. So I'm basically stuck at nothing now.

In an attempt to make something useful happen, I installed Gingerbread on my droid. It seems to work okay, but I don't have any google apps or anything installed so I can't sync up my contact list using gmail.

I basically want to go back to froyo, but the problem is I can't see the "connect to USB" thing on my droid when plugged into the computer... so it isn't able to mount. Therefore, I can't reinstall froyo. What can I do??

PLEASE HELPPP

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, there's a bit more info here than your thread over at Android Forums to which I also replied to.

If you made no backups, then it's going to be tough. I guess I am going to assume that you want to connect to USB so you can put a froyo rom back on your phone? I think you need to slow down a bit and try to read a bit more so you understand exactly what is what and where and when.

For starters, please tell us EXACTLY how you installed Gingerbread and what was the file name for it. If we can get that, maybe we can then tell you which gapps package you need and then at that point try to tell you how to get it to your sdcard via the recovery menu.

There is the fast way, but it involves using RSD Lite 4.6 and the full FRG22D/2.2 .sbf file, but RSD Lite can bo so finicky it usually is easier (and more reliable) to go slow.

p.s. :welcome:

OP
T

tbone1234

Reaction score
Thanks again teddy!

I replied to your post on the android forum. I'm slowing down to learn more about all this ROM and flashing and other stuff I'm unfamiliar with. But I'd like to get my phone back to a useable functional state again where it can be recognized and mounted to my computer AND to have google apps.

Preferably, it'd be nice to run a gingerbread version with gapps, but heck... I'd be happy with anything at this point, lol.

Thanks again Teddy!

P.S. - I'm going to check the android forum from now on, so if you have any further advice please post on that thread.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Gotcha. Though I am done for the night, we'll proceed in that thread @ AF. So I will have to check it in the morning. Thanks.