Please help!! .181

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
I was trying to get the update last night and I was rooted with the last 2.3.6 update. I used ginger unroot and unrooted my phone... then restarted it. Then while trying to download the update, I couldn't see any progress on the percentage until I switch to Wi-Fi. Then the percentage stayed at 0% saying that the download will resume in a minute (something like that). So I just restarted my phone again (after waiting a while. But when I try to download the update again it says that the update is already being installed, but I see NO signs of an installation and this has been going on since last night... I was thinking of rerooting so I can TB my apps, unroot again, and do a factor reset. Of course i don't want to do this so can anyone help me???????

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I was trying to get the update last night and I was rooted with the last 2.3.6 update. I used ginger unroot and unrooted my phone... then restarted it. Then while trying to download the update, I couldn't see any progress on the percentage until I switch to Wi-Fi. Then the percentage stayed at 0% saying that the download will resume in a minute (something like that). So I just restarted my phone again (after waiting a while. But when I try to download the update again it says that the update is already being installed, but I see NO signs of an installation and this has been going on since last night... I was thinking of rerooting so I can TB my apps, unroot again, and do a factor reset. Of course i don't want to do this so can anyone help me???????
Well lets see if we can get you going again. Did you delete, rename, move or freeze any stock apps when you were rooted?

OP
BiGG WiLL

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
No I did not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm sorry you are having trouble with your phone. I can not say for sure what the problem is specifically but it is almost certainly related to the rooting/unrooting you have gone through. It may be that you either froze or deleted some "bloatware", or perhaps it has nothing to do with bloatware or freezing/deleting of stock apps at all. Unfortunately your only option may be to Fastboot back to stock and start over. Go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html and download the utility. It will walk you through the entire process and once completed you will be back to stock. Then follow the instructions to re-root, then install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, protect root and then temp un-root.

You should be ready to go. Once the OTA update is complete, you will use the Voodoo app to restore root and you'll be back in business.

Good luck! ;)

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I'm sorry you are having trouble with your phone. I can not say for sure what the problem is specifically but it is almost certainly related to the rooting/unrooting you have gone through. It may be that you either froze or deleted some "bloatware", or perhaps it has nothing to do with bloatware or freezing/deleting of stock apps at all. Unfortunately your only option may be to Fastboot back to stock and start over. Go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html and download the utility. It will walk you through the entire process and once completed you will be back to stock. Then follow the instructions to re-root, then install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, protect root and then temp un-root.

You should be ready to go. Once the OTA update is complete, you will use the Voodoo app to restore root and you'll be back in business.

Good luck! ;)
You beat me to it FoxKat...thanks.

OP
BiGG WiLL

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score

Good luck! ;)

Ok guys... I guess this is my last choice.... Thanks for wishing me luck... I'm going in......
I'll keep you posted...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ok guys... I guess this is my last choice.... Thanks for wishing me luck... I'm going in......
I'll keep you posted...

You go, guy! We've got your back! dancedroid

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You beat me to it FoxKat...thanks.

Funny, I was typing the response to the OP when there was 0 replies, but after I hit the Post Reply button I saw the other two that got in 2 and 1 minutes prior! :D! Wasn't trying to beat you, didn't even know you were there until afterwards! :blink:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Funny, I was typing the response to the OP when there was 0 replies, but after I hit the Post Reply button I saw the other two that got in 2 and 1 minutes prior! :D! Wasn't trying to beat you, didn't even know you were there until afterwards! :blink:
I doesn't matter who helps these guys, as long as someone does.

OP
BiGG WiLL

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
I haven't done it yet, (I'm studying for a final) but i just want to point out that the download symbol (where the arrow continues to move downward as if something is downloading) has bee in my notification bar since i posted this topic (but has been stuck on 100% said "download suspended. Will resume shortly..." I'm a little scared that if i try to do the utility while the download is taking place (of if it even is, smh) that something will happen.... But.. I'll let y'all know once i do it.