Pleas Help -lost window that lets me choose music over ringtone

Robin W

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newby (obviously) and after I had downloaded music to my droid, I would get a box that would pop up and let me choose droid ringtones or music, to set for phone ring/text/notifications ring etc.

I clicked on a box underneath the choices and now i can't find the option to access my music for ring/notification tones.

I was supposed to be able to go into settings/applications and set it back, but I've looked everywhere and can't figure it out.

I have Handcent downloaded for messaging and the choice would come up there also. Sorry if this isn't very clear.

I guess I'm just looking to figure out how to get my music into ringtones, or get the box back that pops up and lets me choose.

Thank you to any smart Droid person who can help. I LOVE MY DROIDdancedroid

P.S. I didn't make any folders or add an app to change music to ringtones. A box just popped up and let me check music (blue notes) or ringtones. Underneath, right before I clicked one of the boxes, it said it could be reset by going to HOME, SETTINGS, APPLICATIONS. The green message bubble isn't in Applications, but the Handcent is. Looked at everything in there, but nothing to restore.

Last edited:

aldaudio

Reaction score
download rings extended from the market, that will let you choose whatever you want for your ringtone. DONT set it to default tho.... dont set any program as the default for notification settings....

OP
R

Robin W

Reaction score
Thank you, I'm afraid that's what might have happened and it set it to default. The ringtones are all still accessible, but i'm not getting the choice to use songs from Music Wizard as ringtones like I was.

No way to go back?

thanks again for your help :)

aldaudio

Reaction score
im sure there is a way to go back, im just not sure of the way to clear defaults. im sure it has something to do with clearing cache, im just not sure what cache to clear haha.

have you used rings extended before?