Ringtone Isnt In with Ringtones

RightGirl

Reaction score
I am quite beside myself.
I've been on the phone with level after level of verizon techies and no one can help me.
I want a specific ringtone that is not found in Market on the phone
I log on to VerizonWireless.com and log in to my account
then I click on MEDIA RINGTONES
and find and choose my ringtone, buy it, and they send it to my incredible
it comes in as a text message with the ringtone attached
the online instructions for my (HTC) phone tell me to hold down my finger on the message (not the music attachment) and the options pop up and I am to choose SAVE AUDIO
I select that and a bubble pops up that says YOUR ATTACHMENT WAS SAVED SUCCESSFULLY
However, when I go in to Ringtones, the only ones that are there are the standard Verizon icky ringtones and when I go into my music, the only music that is there is the 6 songs that Verizon puts in the phone (which I want to delete and cant figure out how - but that's for another time)
The new ringtone is not there
Where does it save it to?
:sad:
and I'd already purchased this ringtone for my Rogue. Why can you store ringBACK tones online and use them forever, but ringtones you have to buy over and over again?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you checked your music forlder? Sometimes when I dl a ringtone it ends up there. Also the easiest way I use to get any kind of audio file saved as a ringtone or notification tone is ringdroid which is an app available in the marketplace that can trim your music files and add them to system ringtones.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App