Playing .SWF files

leadhead

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a rooted DROID with BB v0.3 froyo and I installed Flash Player 10.1 and I was wondering if I downloaded a flash game from a site, a .swf, if I could play in on the phone as playing flash games on the phone that have not be optimized are somewhat slow

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You wont be able to do it as the only way is a standalone flash player that does not exist for android.

The only way to play them is if they are embedded into a website.

Leonius

Reaction score
WRONG! Type: file://sdcard/whatever.swf You just have to write the path correctly into your browser.

Fault

Reaction score
WRONG! Type: file://sdcard/whatever.swf You just have to write the path correctly into your browser.

Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk

Fault

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm?

Aww be dammed it does work I just tested it. Guess you learn something new every day.
Very cool, thanks for the confirmation.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Aww be dammed it does work I just tested it. Guess you learn something new every day.
I can see where you would have gotten the idea though. Flash is currently just a browser plugin. However, like the browser on your PC you can browse local content.

OP
L

leadhead

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm about to try it too, I'll let you know my results

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can see where you would have gotten the idea though. Flash is currently just a browser plugin. However, like the browser on your PC you can browse local content.

exactly because the 2.0 browser could not play local files where the 2.2 browser can.. im not sure about 2.1.

OP
L

leadhead

Reaction score
I've only tried it in the 2.2 browser but it worked. There was some lag with games like crush the castle but anything formatted for mobile, like the m.kongregate site worked perfectly!

shanhudao

Reaction score
To play SWF on Android phone or tablets,there is a simple method-Idealshare VideoGo.It works good ,you can have a try.