Can't find flash

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Factory reset should go back to no Flash at all, shouldn't it? And then Flash would install from the Market...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jmg999

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem that the OP was having. I just received my update ~20 minutes ago. I immediately went to the marketplace, and searched for Flash Player 10.1 and found nothing. I tried various search terms, but I came up w/ nothing. I looked under Apps->All Applications->Top Free Apps, as well as Apps->All Apps->Just in, and I still couldn't find it. It's just not there.

My system stats are the same as the OP, as well...

Motorola Droid
Android Version 2.2
Baseband Version C_01.43.01P
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-g874c292
Build Number FRG22D
Non-Rooted

jmg999

Reaction score
I just resolved my issue. I had to clear both the cache and data for the Market app. When I searched for "Flash Player 10.1", it came up first thing.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had manually installed Flash and it appeared in the Market (by looking for "Adobe Flash") after I had uninstalled it.

I have since found out that it can take up to an hour for Flash to appear in the Market after the reboot (after all, it takes a while for Froyo to learn), so the uninstall was just a coincidence as it was done about an hour after the reboot.

Try looking for "Adobe Flash" again after an hour if it isn't there right away. As jmg999 said, you might just need to clear the Market's cache.

Last edited:

Durania

Reaction score
I just resolved my issue. I had to clear both the cache and data for the Market app. When I searched for "Flash Player 10.1", it came up first thing.

Thank you for posting this. I had to do this on my wife's droid just now. It wasn't showing up for her either.

jgumphress

Reaction score
I am completely stock and received the Froyo FRG01B upgrade OTA two or three weeks ago also. Flash did not show up in Market. Yesterday I received the FRG22B upgrade OTA and now Flash apears in Market. Although I had already installed Flash from the web using Astro. I checked the version in the Market yesterday when I got my FRG22B and it's the same version. I downloaded it anyway so I can get the updates as they come out.