are you happy with flash 10.1?

listenman20

Reaction score
i think the easiest search term is simply "adobe". might wanna try clearing yuor market data and cache.

pyro6128

Reaction score
flash is great, I watch streaming live tv all the time from my phone without a hiccup. Theres zero slowdown, and everything looks great. I was watching iron man 2 on hbo on my phone today, saved my ass.

Robin W

Reaction score
found Market in applications and cleared cache and tried again and nothing. I went and got my husbands phone (exact same phone MotoDroid) to see if it was in the market on his phone.

Strangest thing, I turned it on and there was an update available that would somehow enable download of adobe flash ?????!!!

I downloaded the update ( had received 2.2 a few weeks ago) and then went to the market and adobe flash came right up.

I haven't downloaded yet, but HOW WEIRD IS THAT?

So I'm guessing that it just isn't available on my phone yet until I get the second update.

His update for 2.2 came before mine, about a week, so maybe same thing with this second update.

Thanks for everyone's help. I was thinking that maybe I was way too stupid to even have a Droid (could still be true :) ) but apparently my phone just isn't ready yet.

Bill Cauley

Reaction score
Yeaah! Problem solved! I saw a message somewhere that said all upgrades would be done by today. All three of my family's have received it... the last this morning.

TaliWacker

Reaction score
iwatchsimpsonsonline.com works great, so do all the links to south park and family guy

Reaction score
flash is great, I watch streaming live tv all the time from my phone without a hiccup. Theres zero slowdown, and everything looks great. I was watching iron man 2 on hbo on my phone today, saved my ass.

How did you watch HBO on your droid? I registered at HBO.com, and also have an HBO subscription through Comcast, but I don't know how to get streaming movies from HBO, a little help? :)

brianes99

Reaction score
same here

flash for droid seams to have the same problem as flash for my computer...slow! doesn't load/play smoothly.

My hope with flash was to be able to watch glenn beck insider extreme...sadly it plays for 5-10 seconds, stops completely or get very very choppy. both on wifi and 3g.

pyro6128

Reaction score

How did you watch HBO on your droid? I registered at HBO.com, and also have an HBO subscription through Comcast, but I don't know how to get streaming movies from HBO, a little help? :)

Yea no problem. Another user on this forum posted this link

Channels

On the second page there is an hbo channel. You can't pick what show you watch, but it streams live whatever is currently on hbo. So I was lucky enough to catch iron man 2 today which was great. I havent registered with the website, so I don't know what additional features membership gives you, but you can view those channels in the above link without signing up. Just bookmark that in your browser and you have some good live flash tv whenever you want. Hope that helps you.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Flash was not all that great on my Droid 1, however on the Droid 2 that comes with it pre-installed it is MUCH better.

After now using a Droid 2 I have come to the conclusion that the Droid 1 does not have enough power. Even though I was overclocked to 1.2 ghz it was no comparison to the stock Droid 2.

importune

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I really am disappointed by it. Adobe is the best, this version of flash is subpar at best... :/

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

billyk

Reaction score
I am well aware of Flash's shortcomings on PC's, but frankly, I was pleasantly surprised when I checked the Simpson's and BoxLive links above. I got very good video and audio.

NICE!!

MrKleen

Reaction score
The question should be if people are happy with Flash on their Droid X or their Droid 2. While it works on a Droid 1 it's just not the same.

npelhamc

Reaction score
Works for me

Ive had Droid 1 and now have Droid 2 (thanks to my ability to drop my phone regularly) and i have had no major problems with Flash on either. A few errors occassionally, but for the most part it's running what seems like around 20 fps. Totally fine with me.

I'm happy to have the option to see Flash. If it runs this well for me in 2010 with a Droid 2, then 2011 if i get a 2ghz phone will run it better. Then 2015 have a 5ghz processor, 1gb video card, 5gb ram, 1tb hd phone, IMAX output. Point is soon enough hardware restraints wont be as prominant. May as well get the software bugs out of it now.

:icon_ banana: