Plastic behind sliding screen

BigTex71

Reaction score
I just realized when I read on another forum: there is plastic on the back of the screen that slides out to reveal the keyboard. I removed it and now it slides a little smoother (and looks better from underneath when using keyboard.) Am I the only one who didn't even realize it was there?

Zippster

Reaction score
Hmmm...I see it there, not too sure its supposed to be removed. Body glove seems to make keyboard slide even a tiny bit stiffer yet.

BzB

Reaction score
no issues with sliding but it looks better with the plastic wrapper removed. :) doesn't seem like it was protecting anything, the back of the display doesn't come in contact with anything anyway. peeled right off like the other plastic wrappers did.

probably wouldn't have noticed this! minor detail, but thanks for mentioning it.
icon14.gif

Jef

Reaction score
I would most likely leave it on there. I remember some people removed something similar on the original HTC Titan, and then later complained about issues because it was no longer protecting their bottom half. I believe it was scratches and grooves on the keyboard, but it's been a few years.

Besides it looks to custom cut to fit there.....like it was meant to stay....

Zippster

Reaction score
The custom fit was my thoughts too, even though the body glove tabs seem to be scratching lines onto it.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
do you guys have any scratches on yours? mine have some fairly decent straight scratches across he back of the sliding screen..

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK! Now i regret taking it off, while it was meant to be taken off, now it freaking slides out while in my pocket some, while when the film was on it wouldn't.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone talked to a person at motorola support and they said it was meant to be removed just like the front/back pieces. Mine never slides open on accident.

sir

Reaction score
i noticed this when i first bought it but opted to leave it on. i figured if it started to peel off on its own i'd remove it, if not, it wasn't hurting anyone back there.

ryanm

Reaction score
Mines gone from day one. I always take every piece off. @New most likely its the repeated use of the keyboard not the removal of that thin plastic.