Plastic Behind Keyboard?

MercenaryFH

Reaction score
Did you guys remove it?
I kinda like the "resistance" i guess when sliding out the keyboard. but did anyone that has the Droid 2 (or global) remove the plastic from the keyboard back and notice a difference.

I was slightly worried about the keyboard coming loose, but from what i've read the keyboard seems to be pretty solid.

LT*

Reaction score
Did you guys remove it?
I kinda like the "resistance" i guess when sliding out the keyboard. but did anyone that has the Droid 2 (or global) remove the plastic from the keyboard back and notice a difference.

I was slightly worried about the keyboard coming loose, but from what i've read the keyboard seems to be pretty solid.

On my D1, I removed it and it got real loose. My wife has a D2, and I've left her's on to avoid that problem.

OP
M

MercenaryFH

Reaction score
Wonder why it's even on there in the first place?
I know the D1's had loose keyboard problems, but maybe it's just there depending on what preference u want (loose/resistant etc)...

OP
M

MercenaryFH

Reaction score
I removed it, no problems with mine
YA thats what i've been seeing from the web. Seems that the droid 1 had some issues with the keyboard but the D2 was more solidly built.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I removed it immediately. I can't stand leaving plastic pieces attached to my phone, it drives me nuts. No problems here either.

tappin and a talkin

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's there for protection during manufacture...It's meant to be removed.

srfrmac87

Reaction score
are you guys talking about the clear plastic sheets that come on the phone? if so mine always fall off within a few minutes of using the phone :-/

leobg

Reaction score
Mine are all pealed off. I can't stand protection film either. I hate screen protectors as much! No problems with lose sliding mechanism. 3 months+ now.