Plastic behind sliding screen

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mines gone from day one. I always take every piece off. @New most likely its the repeated use of the keyboard not the removal of that thin plastic.

I guess it was repeated use from someone else then lol, seeing as i've only opened up the keyboard less then 10 times, not including the time i took it off.

liltone1102

Reaction score
Body glove...

I still haven't removed the protective plastic and I can tell that the device slide seems rugged. The body glove made matter worst. I noticed that someone said that they have the body glove as well. I was wodnering if you removed that plastic and if it made the sliding better??

Reaction score
wow would have never noticed. i had a bit of sliding problem before i removed it, havent noticed any yet after, but the slide out feels nicer

ryanm

Reaction score
@New hmm well that sucks, i seem to always have mine open to turn the screen on

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Plastic

I've left the plastic backing in place. I also had the body glove protector and didn't care for it. It had a nice clip but removing it to get to the battery/msd card was a nightmare.

jcstarr

Reaction score
I'm now considering removing the plastic but there seems to be a 50/50 split as to if this should be done. I'm sure the slider would not have that slight jerky resistance it has currently. ???

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
I debated removing the thin plastic sheet on the watch cover on my Rolex for a month. Once I took it off, I can't believe I was stressing out about such a small thing (and was more comfortable to wear / didn't get scratched due to the location).

For your DROID, you'll still have the same feel but will slide better without the black garbage bag covering the back. Point being, I have scratches on my $9k watch now and could care less about the plastic--I love my watch and it works. I know I'll eventually get scratches on my DROID--but will still love it and it'll still work. If I get any stratches it'll be on a place where I could care less about (under the top-half of the phone where no one could see them except for me).

Don't stress about something so small, just take'er off and be happy about your decision. :)

- Mega

Last edited:

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Just slide open the phone & flip it over--it looks like a streched out piece from a garbage bag. Very hard to mistake. Just peel up one of the corners, give a decent tug, and take'er off. Done. No more worrying about the plastic. :)

- Mega

RosarioM

Reaction score
Has anyone seen anything official from Motorola (document, post, etc.) that says it's meant to be removed? My biggest fear with this phone even before I bought it was that the slider would get loose and open in my pocket. i still worry about that. It seems to me that this plastic could help prevent that.

I am also worried that since I have been sliding it back and forth with the plastic for so long, i have loosened the keyboard and if I remove it now, I will notice a difference in sturdiness.

Anyone regret taking the plastic off?

adam8ch

Reaction score
ive returned one droid due to dust which i removed the plastic from. On my new one I notice its just a bit harder to slide the keypad out, which I prefer. Before on my first droid, the slider would open a little bit when i took it out of my pocket. Never happens on the new one. I prefer it w/ the plastic. If it gets all gunked up I'll take it off.

Zozz

Reaction score
Just had to take mine off, it started to rip and was making the sliding a bit sluggish and hard.

nate94gt

Reaction score
im gonna leave mine on just in case it does keep the keyboard from sliding a little easier. I HATE the physical keyboard and if i could, i'd weld the device to keep it from opening :eek: