Help Please: Plastic on back of screen

Reaction score
Can someone help me please. On the back of the screen when the slider is open a plastic film is coming off my Droid. It looks like it should have been removed or should it be there ? Basically when you slide the keyboard out it's on the back of the screen. I'm ready to pull it off but would like a confirmation.

Thanks.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can someone help me please. On the back of the screen when the slider is open a plastic film is coming off my Droid. It looks like it should have been removed or should it be there ? Basically when you slide the keyboard out it's on the back of the screen. I'm ready to pull it off but would like a confirmation.

Thanks.
I pulled mine off because it was catching on my body glove case. I also took off the case and it still seemed to slide the way it did before.

So i think theres no harm in pulling it off :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been covered, remove or not, up to you. Put there for protection during manufacture of the screen half, supposed to be removed.

cuskit

Reaction score
Do a search - you'll be amazed this discussion has generated countless pages on y/n "should you peel or not"! ;)

Myself - I've left mine on. It still looks 100% pristeen, no peeling edges anywhere. As long as it's not bothering me, nor impeding the slide action of my keyboard - it's welcome to hang out as long as it wants!

Some say it helps create a little "drag" on your slide action, and some say removing doesn't change it at all. Others say it works better afterward. Some say VZW reps have said leave it, other reps say remove it. I've yet to see/hear and/or read anywhere any solid, validated statement from a certified source to either leave it or remove it.

If it's a hassle - take it off. You won't have any issues "sans" your vinyl! :)

Covered in Jersey - cuskit

wil318466

Reaction score
I'm amazed at the discussion about this.

Its supposed to be removed. You can keep it on if you wish. My friend's grandma used to keep plastic covers on her couches. She left them on for years and years and it looked ragged and horrible.

She finally threw out the couch, but was proud of how pristine it was under the ugly, horribly nasty and uncomfortable plastic we had to sit on for years. God forbid she enjoyed the actual nice couch under it.

Get it?

-Wil

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Please tell me you just fabricated that anecdote. Leaving the plastic cover on the couch? That's borderline insane.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
just pull it off.. it made my droid look ugly with air bubbles

wil318466

Reaction score
Please tell me you just fabricated that anecdote. Leaving the plastic cover on the couch? That's borderline insane.

This practice was quite common in the 80s. I did fabricate some of it, but its generally true. People did that. They left the plastic on it to protect the couch.

Same thing as keeping the plastic on the Droid. Why would you? Would you keep the plastic on your windsheild of your new car? Ok, better yet, would you keep the paper floormat protectors?

-Wil

BigMace23

Reaction score
Take it off, in another forum on androidforums.com, people have called motorola and they have confirmed that it should be taken off

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

This practice was quite common in the 80s. I did fabricate some of it, but its generally true. People did that. They left the plastic on it to protect the couch.

Same thing as keeping the plastic on the Droid. Why would you? Would you keep the plastic on your windsheild of your new car? Ok, better yet, would you keep the paper floormat protectors?

-Wil

I know people that place towels over the floor mats to keep them clean....lol

OP
H
Reaction score
Same thing as keeping the plastic on the Droid. Why would you?
-Wil

See I think you are misunderstanding the question. I was not asking if I should remove some useless plastic that I don't need, I was asking if this peeling on the back of my screen is a problem. For all I knew there is no plastic on the back of the screen and something terrible had happened.

:icon_ banana:

imiller913

Reaction score

-Wil

I know people that place towels over the floor mats to keep them clean....lol

WOW now that is funny LOL

KdawgBRTNpod

Reaction score
there is plastic on the back of the screen? ha..maybe thats why my body glove case is so hard to push back and forth...thanks for letting me know so i can peel it off