plastic like material peeling off

Jimbo47

Reaction score
The plastic like layer on the back of the screen (when you slide open the keyboard) is beginning to peel off. Anybody else ever had a problem with this? Seems like it couldn't cause any damage, but i was curious as to why its even there.

OSX2000

Reaction score
That's just another one of the protective coatings put on at the factory. It's safe to peel off as soon as you get your phone, just like the one on the screen.

I didn't even notice it was there at first. Peeled it off after about 6 months of owning it.

OP
J

Jimbo47

Reaction score
Yea I noticed it before, but had no idea it was a sticker. I went ahead and took it off. Keyboard seems to slide nicer now.

johntkong

Reaction score
I never knew that it was a protective sticker. Mine is actually beginning to bubble. I may remove it.

naknak95

Reaction score
I would not remove that sticker, I know 2 people who did that and has to go back to Verizon and they voided the warranty. Unless you want to void it, don't remove it.

OP
J

Jimbo47

Reaction score
Doesn't seem logical to voide a warranty because you peeled off a sticker. Had to be another reason for it. Though I will say, the tan color lines running along the width where the sticker was looks like embedded sensors of some sort. They have a texture if you run your fingers over them. Or maybe they are simply just for looks.

Last edited:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would not remove that sticker, I know 2 people who did that and has to go back to Verizon and they voided the warranty. Unless you want to void it, don't remove it.

It does not void your warranty for peeling off a protective sticker that was ment to just protect the phone from any possible scratches after being manufactured. That's just dumb.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

lockman

Reaction score
It's just a protective sticker. Peeling it will not void your warranty, otherwise I'd be screwed several times over. Peeled 3 of 5 off, current phone came without one.

Sent from my loveseat using the Force