Has this happened to you??

shmoo

Reaction score
When you open up your phone to the physical keyboard, on the back of the screen there's that clear plastic sticker looking thing. Not long after I got my phone it started to bubble up and come un-done like there are air bubbles underneath it in spots. I've tried pushing them back down and they keep popping up. Is it going to hurt anything if I peel it off the phone? Cause its really annoying and only getting bigger. I know its odd but if someone knows I would greatly appreciate the info.

-shmoo

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's no different than the plastic protectors the phone ships with. There was a lot of discussion over this. LOL.
You can take it off with no problems to come from it. Some of us have left it, since it hasn't bubbled or peeled, others took it off right away. Either way, you'll be fine, you won't damage your phone :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
People have almost killed each other over this issue...

Take it off, it's not supposed to be there

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
People have almost killed each other over this issue...

Take it off, it's not supposed to be there
Yea there were some heated debates. LOL
Mine's still on, but I believe it was only there for shipping. I just haven't taken it off because it's still perfectly adhered. I've told myself since day one, once it starts to peel I'll take it off.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I so rarely open my keyboard (Swype:icon_ banana:) that I haven't bothered with it one way or another... but yes, according to a Motorola rep "it is not supposed to be there once you get the device" so... just pull it off if it's already started to peel.

OP
shmoo

shmoo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! Sorry for the repost, I tried searching it up but didn't really know how to word what I was wanting to ask. I guess now I know!!:icon_ banana:

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I just peeled mine off....and now it squeeks like an obnoxious mouse.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! Sorry for the repost, I tried searching it up but didn't really know how to word what I was wanting to ask. I guess now I know!!:icon_ banana:
No worries. If the posts aren't tagged properly they won't show up in relevant searches. But thanks for looking :)