Keyboard Ungluing??

Accidental

Reaction score
my first droid i was n the store and noticed how the droids keyboard was flat... mine is bubbly (the buttons are raised up a little) and when i push the keys i push the board back down into itself... the rep was like we can replace that... i was like oka sure... didnt really bother me... if anyting it was easier to use i think...

but now the replacement is doing it... do i jus use the keyboard too much? is anyone else seein this on their phone?

OP
A

Accidental

Reaction score
noone else has come across this??? so i guess i jus got the only 2 with a faulty keyboard?

justinc101011

Reaction score
youre not alone man. lol mine does this too. i think its because i mainly use the keyboard. i got mine in dec of 09 and all the keys are super bubbled except the right shift and Q key. and i never use either of those......

jerflash

Reaction score
ya mine are all bubbled also exsept for Q lol...i do use it alot and i got it on the drop date

Unbreakable9

Reaction score
ah man i know your pain. I've had this happen to me 3 times now. I've had a droid since the launch date and it seems after a few months of use the keys begin to pop up...eventually it gets bad enough where its very hard to type and the keys make a clicking noise that sounds awful.

fortunately verizon has replaced the phone for me everytime.

I've wondered though, is it due to overclocking? Maybe it heats up the phone more and helps the glue unstick faster??

mtz_gto

Reaction score
happend to me twice.. im on my 4th droid 1, my 1st refurbished droid this last replacement.

OP
A

Accidental

Reaction score
im on my second one... it was refurbished... and same issue... i did overclock my droid but i back to stock now... i will be going to verizon this weekend to get another one shipped out maybe ill get the d2... lol we will see

kryptonianjorel

Reaction score
im on my second one... it was refurbished... and same issue... i did overclock my droid but i back to stock now... i will be going to verizon this weekend to get another one shipped out maybe ill get the d2... lol we will see

Did you get lucky on that D2?

I have the same problem, and it seems like this problem will just keep on happening no matter if I get mine replaced or not. If they replace mine with a 2, maybe I wont have this problem anymore?

Rento

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread... I've had the same Droid 1 for over a year and a half now. It's hard as hell to type on the physical keyboard :/

Were any of you guys rooted when you asked a a service rep about it?

I don't wanna unroot or anything, hell. If they can leave my cell phone off and just replace the keyboard that'd be great.