Picking up a Thunderbolt? State your reasons why...

pattikate

Reaction score
I'm long over due for an upgrade to my first ever Smartphone. I fell in love with the Thunderbolt, and after researching for a very long time, I want this phone. The overall design is gorgeous and the screen's display looks beautiful. I love HTC's Sense U.I., which looks visually appealing and user friendly. The customizable skins look sweeeeet! Dolby Surround is another winner.

There's only one concern I have however, and that is the battery's capacity for a 4G phone. I'm hoping with average to moderate use one charge will last for a day.

clucernoni

Reaction score
I'm still getting one, but here's some potentially bad news, if it's true:

Verizon removes Skype Video from HTC Thunderbolt?

In your link, it also states: "while it is a 4G LTE device for data it will still use CDMA for voice." -whaaaat?!! Is this true? Gawd I hope not. I'm in a CDMA fringe zone :-/

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but just use google voice to make all of your calls and you will have no problem. It uses your data connection rather than CDMA or GSM voice.

n0yxl

Reaction score
I'm still getting one, but here's some potentially bad news, if it's true:

Verizon removes Skype Video from HTC Thunderbolt?

In your link, it also states: "while it is a 4G LTE device for data it will still use CDMA for voice." -whaaaat?!! Is this true? Gawd I hope not. I'm in a CDMA fringe zone :-/

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but just use google voice to make all of your calls and you will have no problem. It uses your data connection rather than CDMA or GSM voice.

After doing some research, it appears that all the currently planned VZW LTE phones coming to market -will be using CDMA for voice, for the time being. Looks as though they are still testing VoLTE, and it will be implemented into existing LTE phones as the technology becomes standard.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow...... a decade has passed since we picked up our first LTE phone. For me, it was the Thunderbolt on Verizon. We all know how that phone turned out. But as we are picking up 5G phones on 5G networks, it is just weird to think a decade has passed.

Oh.....speaking of firsts in awhile, this is the first time I have posted on this forum via website and outside of the off-topic sections in a long time.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It is kind of hard to believe that it's been 10 years since 4G LTE was new, and all the hype & hoopla surrounding it.

When I read the posts above I thought about this commercial from a few years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that is hard to believe! It doesn't seem like that long ago.