PhoneMyPc- suggestions/comments/fix requests

umdterp

Reaction score
im enjoying the update, just wondering if there was a full changelog anywhere for 2.0, thanks

joggy

Reaction score
Is anyone able to use the new update?

I DL the new program for my PC and updated the app. No worky for me.

HELP!!!

No problems here. Double check your password on both ends. As noted above, the entry on the phone tends to capitalize the first letter...I found this out as well when updating to the new version.

julioz

Reaction score
I'd updated the PC version to 2.0, but I just can't find how to download the app to the phone. Already searched at the marker, at appbrain, over qr code and nothing. Can someone send me a clue?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd updated the PC version to 2.0, but I just can't find how to download the app to the phone. Already searched at the marker, at appbrain, over qr code and nothing. Can someone send me a clue?

Just search "phone my pc" - first one in market...

julioz

Reaction score
If I put that, I only find "WaveSecure Mobile", "Texts2computer", "iPerf" and "Motion Launcher", but no Phone My PC.

If I search with appbrain or try to use a QR, market returns me a "Cannot find that".

I remember the last time I installed it (1.0.16), I used directly the apk, because I couldn't find it in Market.

What's wrong?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If I put that, I only find "WaveSecure Mobile", "Texts2computer", "iPerf" and "Motion Launcher", but no Phone My PC.

If I search with appbrain or try to use a QR, market returns me a "Cannot find that".

I remember the last time I installed it (1.0.16), I used directly the apk, because I couldn't find it in Market.

What's wrong?

You running a ROM or something? Maybe you have some market issues...

julioz

Reaction score
No, I'm using the rooted retail phone.

Just rooted, no more changes.

TY for the help, anyway

julioz

Reaction score
Ok, I found it at megaupload (apk). If anyone gets the same problem than I, just sent me a PM and I'll share the link.

Problem solved :)

julioz

Reaction score
Isn't it free? The same version I 'could' get on market... I just don't know why I can't find it in market. :s

Well, sry for anything.

Reaction score
Hi folks,

There have been a few glitches in the new release, but nothing that has stopped someone from using it. It is proving to be more stable than the previous release, and thus far we have not seen any bug that we cannot provide a quick work-around for.

PhoneMyPC is not free; the modest price pays for a lifetime share of a substantial infrastructure and development effort. For those who use the pirated copies, beware they will stop working at some point. However, before we get to that point, we will have PhoneMyPC available on the web so anybody who wants a legal copy can get one.

If anybody runs into issues, email us at [email protected]. We're a bit overloaded, but still responding as quickly as we can.

Oh, and we've begun updating the website. The download page now has some troubleshooting instructions, and we will have the release notes and security details published soon.

Cheers!

Ryan2005

Reaction score
Does anyone use the Execute Actions feature?

Before updating to 2.0, I successfully used a "standby" command to put my desktop to sleep. I created a batch file and put it in the PhoneMyPC folder. I created an action with the name "standby" and a command text of: "standby.bat". Now, after recently updating, I can't get it to work anymore.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi,

We had a bug in the last release in which a space in a program path (such as c:\program files\foo.exe) would be interpreted as the end of the exe name (c:\program). However, that is fixed.

Nonetheless, anything that worked on the last build should work now.

If you'd like to email us your batch file to [email protected], we'll both figure out why it's no longer working, and also email you back an alternative that will work.

Ryan2005

Reaction score
The PhoneMyPC team figured out the problem I had with the Execute Actions feature and I'll post it here for others to use.

I created a batch file called standby.bat with the following contents:
RUNDLL32.EXE PowrProf.Dll,SetSuspendState

PhoneMyPC team's instructions:
Place your batch file on a drive root, such as "c:\standby.bat", then use that path in your Action. It will work then.

And it does work. Now I can easily put my computer back to sleep from the PhoneMyPC app menu.