PhoneMyPc- suggestions/comments/fix requests

coondogg97

Reaction score
Will this release finally give us the ability to log onto a locked machine and will it finally support an SSL connection?

bryanbahr

Reaction score
OK so I heard that Remote Desktop Client has sound capabilities, so I gave them a try.
PhoneMyPC is 99% perfect, and once sound is added it will be 110%.

So I downloaded RDC and tried to set it up, to no avail.
I tried multiple IP addresses, followed instructions and so on, but nothing seemed to get it connected.

Finally I gave up.

Today I went to PhoneMyPC and it says "No Hosts Available". I checked my Desktop and the PhoneMyPC Client says its active/connected.

I backtracked and changed everything I did to configure RDC back to normal, including removing my Windows User Password.
Still No Hosts Available.

Any ideas? Any known conflicting issues?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi bryanbhar,

Double-click the PhoneMyPC icon in the system tray, and look at the title of the window. If it shows (Connected), then your user name and/or password do not match on the phone and PC. I suggest you change both to something easy to prove the point. Note that they are case-sensitive, and also the auto-correct on the phone will often change what you type by adding capitals or spaces, so check them carefully.

If the title said (Connecting...) or (Could not connect), please add an exception to your Windows firewall allowing PhoneMyPC to connect out using TCP port 49200.

Diordna

Reaction score
Hey:)
We still going to see an update this week??

and I was wondering on your site the whole beta thing costing like 10 dollars. Just wondering how much are you going to raise that price out of data? Just curious on how much I'm saving :)

And sorry for the lack of knowledge but what is SSL Connection and what is the benefit? I looked it up and kind of understand but I'm not getting what the amazing use of it will be for this if that ever comes with this app.

Also can you list features of the next update and what it has for us?

Thanks!

coondogg97

Reaction score
Will this release finally give us the ability to log onto a locked machine and will it finally support an SSL connection?

Hi bryanbhar,

Double-click the PhoneMyPC icon in the system tray, and look at the title of the window. If it shows (Connected), then your user name and/or password do not match on the phone and PC. I suggest you change both to something easy to prove the point. Note that they are case-sensitive, and also the auto-correct on the phone will often change what you type by adding capitals or spaces, so check them carefully.

If the title said (Connecting...) or (Could not connect), please add an exception to your Windows firewall allowing PhoneMyPC to connect out using TCP port 49200.

Any idea if this release will fix the issues mentioned above?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Eh I used to be all groggy, but personally I would just lay off yelling about the updates. They are going kinda slow, but I guess we have to take SoftwareForMe's word that they are working hard on it. Be patient. It'll come...

Steveindajeep

Reaction score
Eh I used to be all groggy, but personally I would just lay off yelling about the updates. They are going kinda slow, but I guess we have to take SoftwareForMe's word that they are working hard on it. Be patient. It'll come...

Dude this update was promised before new year. Ill b*tch if i want cause I paid $ for it. :icon_evil:

Plus it's saturday and no update. Not surprised.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Dude this update was promised before new year. Ill b*tch if i want cause I paid $ for it. :icon_evil:

Plus it's saturday and no update. Not surprised.

I hear ya...

pugmac

Reaction score
I just installed this software and..wow.

Probably a stupid question but, how do i control my on-screen cursor in "interactive mode" with my Droid?

well you can pan just by dragging your finger around. I use the volume keys to zoom in and out. You can click just by tapping the screen, but sometimes I find it easier to click the "Search" hardbutton to turn on the cursor mode that shows the mouse cursor and allows you click in a more precise manor. In this mode dragging your finger moves the mouse cursor. You can use the softkeyboard by clicking the "menu" hardbutton, or use the physical keyboard. There is more to it, but those are the basics.

Good basic tips here, I had not learned these short cuts yet. Question, when you click on the "search" hardbutton and it brings up the mouse that you can move with your finger which is great, but I would think if you touched it again, it would go away and put you back in default view, but not the case. How do I make the mouse go away so I can drag the screen around again?

Also just FYI for you lefties out there. The next release is suppose to fix the left/right click if you changed the buttons on your mouse. This will be great helped to me.

PMP is a great app and I will be even better when they fix the log on option and the sound. Can't wait.

bryanbahr

Reaction score
Hi bryanbhar,

Worked like a charm! Once again you guys have the best Support I've dealt with in any capacity. Keep up the good work!

JasumX

Reaction score
Just downloaded the minor update. I wasn't experiencing panning issues that it fixed, but it is nice that we got an updaate. Looking forward to the major update soon. I am loving the product so far :)

trumpet444

Reaction score
^----Ditto to all! Can't wait for sound. But I would imagine sound could bog it down. Maybe an option to turn off streaming sound once it comes

Reaction score
Every once in a while, while panning, the view would suddenly SNAP back to the top left. It was a pain, but not critical as it happened mostly on just the Nexus One, and only once in a while. We investigated and initially concluded it was related to the well-known bugs in the N1's touch screen.

Fast forward to last week. Froyo (Android 2.2) was released, and as always, we had a guy install it and give our software a quick run. Lo and behold, the panning issue was happening ALL the time, which made the software completely unusable.

Well, we're dedicated to our current build effort, but our most important rule is "don't let it break," meaning we don't want anybody to ever lose functionality. So, we re-investigated and found a very minor bug (of ours... it had nothing to do with the N1's touch screen), and fixed it.

@Steveindajeep,
Go ahead and complain--it's justified! We screwed up and we know it. Rather than release a bunch of small, incremental updates, we tried to do too much at once, and it backfired on us because it took us WAY too long. We've learned our lesson, but for this one build at least, there's no going back. It's nearly ready, and then this long boring wait will be over. Updates will be simpler and quicker then.