PhoneMyPc- suggestions/comments/fix requests

cruzincat

Reaction score
I can't think of any reason to pay for this app, but I know, if it is applicable, a lot of online poker players might be interested in it if it can do that. Even if it is just one table at a time. For example, if there is a tournament you were wanting to play and you can't get home in time to start it, could you fire up this app and have your home pc play it through the android?

Or is this not what it was intended for?

Diordna

Reaction score
So I rooted and wiped everything ect, and re-installed this and now it won't show on my computer, or even my friends when I installed it on my friends computer after I was already rooted.
Help!

kennydied23

Reaction score
So I rooted and wiped everything ect, and re-installed this and now it won't show on my computer, or even my friends when I installed it on my friends computer after I was already rooted.
Help!

Make sure your username and password are exactly the same. IMO it's best to keep it short and simple like "aaaaa1" and "bbbbb2" or something like that

Droidarola

Reaction score
Very good application, I use it almost everyday at work, I do IT type of stuff so I am running back and fourth in the office during the day and when i need something done from my computer i just do it right on my phone simple, fast and easy.

The only problem I have been having is right clicking. I believe to right click is long press something but it never right clicks. I'm not sure if there is an option to change the right click button to something else possible a key on the keyboard.

Diordna

Reaction score
BTW I got it to work again... um yeah, the PC's I had it on, I put on my phone lowercase letter for the first letter but it was suppose to be capitalized :)
I didn't know that would matter but it does

ShadowWulf

Reaction score
Ok i have just a few issues now, ive been working on this app in conjunction with a classic Everquest setup.

Heres an example here: [video=youtube;-bGPo0O4sKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bGPo0O4sKA"]YouTube - Project 1999/EverQuest Running on a Moto DROID Pt 7[/video]

Now i have it running pretty damn good over wireless, and just about everything works EXCEPT the arrow keys. In testing ive discovered some interesting things.

No matter how i bind the Droids DPAD the arrow key settings do nothing. The pop up menu, then selecting them there also does nothing.

In the game itself (Which is run in windowed mode btw, and yes administrator on both it and the PC phonemypc files also) you can set the keybindings. So i used the droid and set the keybindings there for movement, hitting the droids key pads so it would detect the keypress.

Should work right? Well the game see's the droids DPAD as being KEYPAD 8, 4 , 5 , 6

And controls still dont work. No in game movement at ALL. Mouse wheel zoom support works fine though. Clicking in game, casting, mouse control all works fine though, so it is recognizing comands fine just NOT forward back, or side to side character movement at all, no matter what i bind the keys to.

PC SIDE: This is on WIN7 64-bit btw, 8gb ram, 8 Mb cable internet connection, windows firewall and router firewall totally disabled, anti virus disabled for testing purposes.

DROID SIDE: pete's BuglessBeast 1.0, 1.2ghz kernel overclock, nothing at all running besides PhoneMYPc of course. Phone works flawlessly and blazingly fast in fact.
Software on the PC side is 1.0.16 and the Droid side is the latest market download, both downloaded back to back so they're definitely the same version.

I wonder if results on a beta build would be different? Since ive already paid full price, would there be any way now to get access to beta builds for testing this out for you guys? Anything to help both of us out would be great, and im having alot of fun with this project anyways.

Any input would be great, ive been spreading the joys of this app coupled with classic EQ in the community lately but this ONE issue is gonna hold people back I forsee. It might be an EQ client issue but it really doesnt seem like it, as at times when I do hit the arrow keys the window will loose focus, and it seems the arrow or control buttons are actually being sent to the DESKTOP rather than the forward window for some reason.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi ShadowWulf,

Great video, and great feedback!

I'm not sure why the DPAD mappings are not working, but we'll look into it. The key-repeat doesn't work properly for games and we've received some feedback about that.

Obviously, we want PhoneMyPC to work seamlessly no matter what you're using it for, and gaming is no exception. It seems some games capture input at a level beneath where PhoneMyPC injects it, so we will be working to address that.

Honestly, we're focused on getting this release out--which will have some input improvements, but not many game-specific ones--by the end of this week. After that, we are putting our efforts into sound and expect to have that release available shortly; we will try to address some of the game input issues in that build.

Your level of detail in your report was spectactular--both your description of the environment and software, as well as your description of the problems. Please share any more issues, or any more thoughts about this one; we're dedicated to fixing ever one!

joker402

Reaction score
I use id all the time but I wish I didn't get booted off when I get a text.

Reaction score
I use id all the time but I wish I didn't get booted off when I get a text.

Quite right. Our priority was to make sure we consumed no battery power that wasn't necessary, so our approach was to absolutely shut everything down (including the network connection) when the app lost focus (because you exited, or because another app came to the foreground).

We will leave that logic, but add the smarts to return you to where you were so a simple "back" click will take you right back.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I will jump for joy if PhoneMyPC has a sweet update this week! Oh man!