Phonecall/Headphone Jack Issue

gruffgriff

Reaction score
So I've noticed that sometimes after listening to music with headphones or by jacking in to an adapter for my car, if someone calls me and I pick up the call, I don't hear anything, but the caller can hear me. If I flip on speakerphone or switch to my bluetooth headset I can hear fine, or if I put something in the headphone jack and take it back out again. Has anyone else noticed this problem or is it just me? Seems to be some kind of problem with the phone still sending audio output to the headphone jack.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Never happened to me but this is the second post I've seen with this sort of problem.

woooahthere

Reaction score
So I've noticed that sometimes after listening to music with headphones or by jacking in to an adapter for my car, if someone calls me and I pick up the call, I don't hear anything, but the caller can hear me. If I flip on speakerphone or switch to my bluetooth headset I can hear fine, or if I put something in the headphone jack and take it back out again. Has anyone else noticed this problem or is it just me? Seems to be some kind of problem with the phone still sending audio output to the headphone jack.

i had the exact opposite happen to me on my Eris, before i got sick of it and got a Droid.

No one @ the manufacturer or VZW could answer me.
Apparently, I was the only customer to ever have such an issue?
Apparently not, Verizon, apparently not.
:dry:

amandalynn636

Reaction score
Gruff,
The same thing happens to me. If you have figured out a solution, please share.

htbyron

Reaction score
This also happens to me fairly frequently, and I have had to remove the battery to solve the problem. I just spoke to VZW tech support (again) and they recommend a hard reset to determine if it happens in factory stock mode -- if so, they will replace the hanset. I will test it this weekend, as I want to list & backup my apps & settings first.