Phone will not turn on

Merrix

Reaction score
I left my phone charging over night with the wall charger (I usually leave it plugged into my computer) and when I woke up this morning I had a weird screen never seen before.

Bootloader

Battery low
cannot program

I havent rooted my phone or done any updates. I tried searching other threads but most discussions were after rooting or updates. I did fall asleep with pandora running which I have done several times and never seen this message. Also when its plugged in my notification light is a solid green which I have also never seen before.

bsubenvis

Reaction score
I have never had this happen but my first move would be unplugging it from the charger and doing a battery pull, waiting at least 30 seconds. If it doesn't turn on after that I would take it back to Verizon and have them fiddle with it, good luck.

OP
M

Merrix

Reaction score
Well apparently the USB cable/charger was the issue. My phone is now working with my other wall charger. I was scared for a minute.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well apparently the USB cable/charger was the issue. My phone is now working with my other wall charger. I was scared for a minute.

Happens a lot. People use the wrong charger and get some really strange issues. Glad it worked out for you. At least your's didn't randomly call people or send text messages. I've seen people report that too.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used an Evo charger in a pinch the other day and my screen started dancing around - Never Again

OP
M

Merrix

Reaction score
It sucks these droids are so picky with chargers. I managed to lose my charger that came with the phone within a week of having the phone. Wasn't too happy about that. Found my LG usb cable from an older phone and it works fine when plugged into the computer but not to the AC adapter which is what cause that strange screen.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i use my Motorola bluetooth headphone charger for my DX but i guess its bc they are both motorola that it works...