Droid X won't turn on

jimmyfitz

Reaction score
My droid was running a little slow so I turned it off and then tried to turn it back on and it was non-responsive. When I plug it into the wall charger nothing happens, I only get the solid green light when I plug it in through the usb port on my laptop. I have tried a battery pull multiple times. I've tried different button combinations including the volume+power button and nothing works. Help?

LoFi

Reaction score
If you know anyone else with a DX then you should ask them to let you borrow their battery momentarily. Pop it in yours, and see if that works. If does, then try getting your batt charged at Verizon, or buy a new one if the charge doesn't hold. In case that it doesn't start with the borrowed batt, then at least you've gone through one troubleshooting step.

Sent from my DROIDX

SEColwell

Reaction score
My X did something similar and I pulled battery for a few minutes put it back in and held the power button down till it came on .....worth a shot.....seems like it took much much long to start than normal

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

s_cuttic

Reaction score
Mine did something similar... I locked the screen and the phone turned off but wouldn't turn back on. I switched batteries and it booted up fine. When I switched back to the first battery and plugged it in, it was at 0%. It dropped from like 60 or 70% to 0% instantly. Don't know why. The battery did charge back up faster than usual though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droiduser12321

Reaction score
So I was trying to change the background on my phone when it froze. I pressed the power button to see if that would do anything, and the phone turned off. When I tried to turn it back on nothing happened, just a black screen. After a few minutes I took out the battery and put it back in since nothing else was working. The screen came on and the phone started going through its normal start-up. Everything seemed fine, until right before it normaly switches to the unlock screen. Instead of switching to that, the little droid icon eye thing froze, and wouldn't move for a minute. After that the screen dimmed like it was about to turn off, but it didn't. The icon just stated moving again. No big deal, it's happened before, usually when the phone over-heats or something like that. I took out the battery again, which is how I've always fixed that problem. I put the battery back in thinking everything was fine. Untill it happened again. The screen froze on the icon for a minute, and wouldn't switich to the unlock screen. I tried everything I could think of to get the phone to switch screens, but it wouldn't. When I pressed the power button it would freeze for about 30 seconds before shutting down and not coming back on. Draining the battery, and then charging it didn't do anything. I need help!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
may try different battery or a factory cable .. if all else fails before counting total loss to sbf it .