Preparing SD card????? Anybody seen this...it sucks.

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
I plugged my phone in last night via wall unit, woke up this morning and my screen wouldn't wake up, and where the green light normally flashes, it turned solid blue. So I didn't really know what to do, so I popped the battery out, and put it back in, and now it just says "Preparing SD card, checking for errors". It wont go away, and the response of my phone is sllllloooooooowwwwwww and choppy.

Has anyone seen this before, is there any type of fix. Or am I going to have to try and backup my contacts, and do a hard reset with the SD card intact...I pulled the card and read it standalone on my computer, and everything looked fine to me. Any help would be great as I just got this phone on the 9th and I am a "Windows" guy and I really like the Android OS, it is very smooth and I wish it did this---->dancedroiddancedroid

Last edited:
OP
midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
Its mounting the sd card and checking it for errors, let it continue.
It's been doing it for quite some time now, over an hour, is this usual?

Yeah, that's not right. Something is wrong. Shouldn't take no longer then a minute.
So no ideas? I have only have one and thats reset...do you think backup assist will be sufficient, does it do apps as well as contacts, or only contacts. Also should note I did do a lot of downloading last night. Shouldn't mean anything but I guess it could.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd grab what I wanted off the card to your computer, then reformat it thru settings, phone and SD card storage. I don't think a reset is needed, or would correct the problem. But it does check the card each boot.

Let us know what happens.

OP
midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
I'd grab what I wanted off the card to your computer, then reformat it thru settings, phone and SD card storage. I don't think a reset is needed, or would correct the problem. But it does check the card each boot.

The problem was it didnt even read the card, couldn't mount or unmount, so I just took it to verizon and the only explantaion they could come up with is that one of the files I transferred was corrupt, doesn't make alot of sense given the timeline, but whatever, I just got a new card and so far so good, I guess I will have to limit what Imove as some is old and could possibly be corrupt.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahh, in that case I would have taken it out and tried reading it in a computer, but glad they took care of it for you...

georgepink

Reaction score

The problem was it didnt even read the card, couldn't mount or unmount, so I just took it to verizon and the only explantaion they could come up with is that one of the files I transferred was corrupt, doesn't make alot of sense given the timeline, but whatever, I just got a new card and so far so good, I guess I will have to limit what Imove as some is old and could possibly be corrupt.

you got lucky, I went to 2 different vz stores and after I complained they called "the main office-or whatever" and said I had to go through Motorola, who were very good, but it took over a week, and I lost (well had to re-copy) 8 gig of music....