Phone enhancements from Cytown

ScottPV

Reaction score
The CM Rom incorporates Phone enhancements from Cytown. This mod offers several phone enhancements.

The one I really miss with Sapphire (but not enough to leave) is a brief vibration when your call is connected or disconnected. This is a great feature when using Bluetooth and voice dialing. You quickly know your call is going through.

I found the actual apk (Modified Phone.apk v30.1, vibrate, black list, eclair, N1, etc.(0622) - xda-developers) and installed version 30.1. (Cytown provided the code to CM for inclusion in the ROM.) The features appeared but when attempting to dial, I get FCs.

Used these instructions from thread:

1.) Open terminal application on your phone
2.) type "su" to get root access
3.) type "mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system" without the ""
4.) type "cat /sdcard/Phone.apk > /system/app/Phone.apk" without the ""
5.) If there is a Phone.odex file in your /system/app directory, remove it by typing "rm /system/app/Phone.odex" without the ""
6.) Your signal may disappear for 10 seconds, don't panic! This is just the phone adapting to the new Phone.apk you just installed. If you still get no signal after one minute, try rebooting.
7.) Done

Anyone have any success with this? Or does anyone know where I can get a similar feature in the market?

Scott

Doc_PT

Reaction score
I have tried the Cytown phone mod multiple times and it will not work on Froyo based ROMs yet. He has said - on the XDA forum - that he plans on doing a Froyo mod but it is not out yet.

Sorry, wish it were available as well. It stops all of the accidental hang ups, etc.....

obededom

Reaction score
I have tried the Cytown phone mod multiple times and it will not work on Froyo based ROMs yet. He has said - on the XDA forum - that he plans on doing a Froyo mod but it is not out yet.

Sorry, wish it were available as well. It stops all of the accidental hang ups, etc.....

I cannot emphasize how much I want to see this on froyo...

Doc_PT

Reaction score
Cytown's forum on XDA now states that his new mod works with Froyo!!! I'm at work and can't give it a try but if someone could give it a go.....

ink

Reaction score
Seems to work fine for me so far. Only used it to make one call though.
After putting the new apk in system/app I did get into a loop of force closes and had to pull the battery. Since the phone rebooted it's been fine.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Installed fine for me as well. Pushed it to system using adb.

For anyone that might ask, use the hdpi version.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now if only the revamped Contacts.apk by Wysie could be built for Froyo...

obededom

Reaction score
Cytown's forum on XDA now states that his new mod works with Froyo!!! I'm at work and can't give it a try but if someone could give it a go.....

thank you for pointing this out. It's as simple as can be...for anyone wondering the "preferences" settings are now in the settings > call settings menu.

Now if only the revamped Contacts.apk by Wysie could be built for Froyo...

agreed

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone on CM forums claimed that WyContacts v1.2 is in the latest CM6 alpha, but I can't find any mention of it on xda. Brain needs more caffeine....

OP
S

ScottPV

Reaction score

Working great with Sapphire 7.0.

Can someone (smarter than me) write an installation script. I guess you need to reinstall this every time you update the rom?

Scott

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, my wife just called and the call screen was sort of messed up. I'm going back to stock.