Phone apk

microsnook

Reaction score
I can pull out the apk and then theme it and all, but when I push it, then the phone is no longer installed.

Anybody know what messes this up?

I thought it mightve been since you can do the switchapk phone to cytown, that it mightbe messing up...not sure though

rule of thumb!! never push core apks IE: Phone, Framework, System. throw them in a update.zip and flash like a rom!! you wont have those issues!

i replaced my phone and contacts using these commands with adb, make sure you have mounted system/app as r/w or else this wont work

adb shell mount /system
adb push C:\Phone.apk /system/app/
adb reboot

i replaced my phone and contacts using these commands with adb, make sure you have mounted system/app as r/w or else this wont work

adb shell mount /system
adb push C:\Phone.apk /system/app/
adb reboot
Do what bgill suggests.

Well I always push my framework through adb and have never had any issues.
Ill have to do the update.zip method from now on I guess though.
I was just using ADB to pull the phone apk and the adb to push it...

Thanks guys, Ill try it out

rule of thumb!! never push core apks IE: Phone, Framework, System. throw them in a update.zip and flash like a rom!! you wont have those issues!

As long as I am pushing in recovery, I don't see a problem with pushing core apps like that. Though I don't push tons of .apks a day, so I could have just been lucky.

why? can you explain that alittle more?

Again, I cannot get the music.apk, contacts.apk or phone.apk to theme.

Im not sure how to make it an update.zip.......

I dont see why I cant push it? Its worked every other time lol

Nevermind, I made an update.zip and it worked...... yay

here is a update theme template just drop your APKs into the corresponding folders!

Back